• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

For goodness sake - every time a title produces one or more variants, whether from the publisher or Phantom Variant or whatever, one or more clowns start spouting off about how it's not fair and it's ruining the market etc.

If you like the cover, buy it. If you don't, don't. If you want it but it's too expensive, then just realise that there are some things you can't have and you should be grateful you have disposable income to spend on comic books.

Publishers are out to make money? Distributors are out to make money? Dealers are out to make money? WOW, WHAT A MASSIVE SHOCK! BURN THEM ALL! It's not fair on the consumer? Then exercise your rights as a consumer and vote with your wallet. And can I please head off at the pass the response that if people want to vent they should be allowed to do so - I agree with that. I'm just getting in a retaliatory vent first.

Every time I see someone post "it will go up in value" or "it will go down in value" or "it will hold its value" or "it will sell this many" like they have the benefit of a FREAKING TIME MACHINE, I want to punch myself in the face.

Right.

I feel better now.

OMG - another Lawyer in "I'm ok Jack Shocker!!"

Grow up.

It's not about cash,it's about people who don't know better losing money.

Ambulance....quick....chase.......

And you the customer?

Your $15 book is worth $1.

There's a lot that I take issue with in your post, but re this - you are assuming that everyone buys comics to flip them for a profit.

Newsflash - some people will buy a $15 variant just because they like the cover. Some people will buy it because they want a full set. Some people might even buy it because they want to support the Phantom Variant programme. None of those people will care how much it's worth (not that you have any evidence to back up your assertion, but let's leave that aside for the moment).

Really - you honestly think that?

Why are people buying multiples then?

There is a connection on this thread - and it involves the law fluckwits.

I enjoy this thread so much.

Before the book was released (early digital) I ordered a NYCC from Dre.

At that time I was thinking about trying to go after it all (OA and all the variants) to make some money with the rationale that maybe I would get lucky like I did with Revival...

Then I read the issue and didn't like it.

I thought maybe I should still get everything, but then realized that there are other books to buy and invest in.

People don't have to buy variants, they choose to.

For goodness sake - every time a title produces one or more variants, whether from the publisher or Phantom Variant or whatever, one or more clowns start spouting off about how it's not fair and it's ruining the market etc.

If you like the cover, buy it. If you don't, don't. If you want it but it's too expensive, then just realise that there are some things you can't have and you should be grateful you have disposable income to spend on comic books.

Publishers are out to make money? Distributors are out to make money? Dealers are out to make money? WOW, WHAT A MASSIVE SHOCK! BURN THEM ALL! It's not fair on the consumer? Then exercise your rights as a consumer and vote with your wallet. And can I please head off at the pass the response that if people want to vent they should be allowed to do so - I agree with that. I'm just getting in a retaliatory vent first.

Every time I see someone post "it will go up in value" or "it will go down in value" or "it will hold its value" or "it will sell this many" like they have the benefit of a FREAKING TIME MACHINE, I want to punch myself in the face.

Right.

I feel better now.

OMG - another Lawyer in "I'm ok Jack Shocker!!"

Grow up.

It's not about cash,it's about people who don't know better losing money.

Ambulance....quick....chase.......

Not sure what any of this has to do with me being a lawyer Andy. Nor does it have anything to do with me being OK or not - I'm yet to buy a single copy of Bedlam and I don't have any plans to.

I didn't realise you were the self appointed champion of people who "don't know any better" (who are those people by the way?), but that's heartening to know. And here was me thinking you were worried about devaluation because you're buying multiples of these titles (or trying to).

What do you do for a living, by the way? You know, so that I can trade infantile jokes with you?

And you the customer?

Your $15 book is worth $1.

There's a lot that I take issue with in your post, but re this - you are assuming that everyone buys comics to flip them for a profit.

Newsflash - some people will buy a $15 variant just because they like the cover. Some people will buy it because they want a full set. Some people might even buy it because they want to support the Phantom Variant programme. None of those people will care how much it's worth (not that you have any evidence to back up your assertion, but let's leave that aside for the moment).

Really - you honestly think that?

Why are people buying multiples then?

There is a connection on this thread - and it involves the law fluckwits.

Yes, I honestly think that. Some people are buying multiples, some aren't. Some people will care if the book gets devalued, some won't. The point is that not everyone cares if the value goes down, so your proclamations from the top of the mountain of comic market knowledge can get a bit tiresome.

I also think the way you communicate makes you come across as a bit of a frothing weirdo, but there you go.

If you are an adult who can generate sufficient income to buy variants and have Internet access which will give you all the information you require to make an informed purchase, then go for it.

All the social workers around here should off and let adults spend their money how they please.

If you are an adult who can generate sufficient income to buy variants and have Internet access which will give you all the information you require to make an informed purchase, then go for it.

All the social workers around here should off and let adults spend their money how they please.

Couldn't agree more - this was what I meant when I asked who the "people who didn't know any better" were.

Couldn't agree more - this was what I meant when I asked who the "people who didn't know any better" were.

And if your "spending a weeks pay" on comics you've got bigger problems.

You guys are being too hard on Andy. Artists, writers, editors, inkers, letterers, colorists, printers,distributors and retailers should all join together in a non profit cooperative and produce comics for free. They should all have blank covers and feature stirring tales of the heroic struggle of the proletariat resting control of the means of production from the evil bourgeoisie. :ohnoez:

You guys are being too hard on Andy. Artists, writers, editors, inkers, letterers, colorists, printers,distributors and retailers should all join together in a non profit cooperative and produce comics for free. They should all have blank covers and feature stirring tales of the heroic struggle of the proletariat resting control of the means of production from the evil bourgeoisie. :ohnoez:

The Better Red Than Dead variant?

Just wanted anyone in this thread to know if interested I have a raw version of the NYCC retailer skecth exclusive in the modern for sales thread.

Haven't you read any of the last few pages? Promoting variants of any kind is totally evil, especially Bedlam ones. There are people out there who can't help themselves, you know.

Also, you're not supposed to spam non-sales threads with sales chat.