• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Wow I thought it would be closer 30 thousand but 23 thousand is awesome.

My only problem with these numbers is the inevitable 2nd print. This is not normally an out right problem but with so many books available already it is just another to add to the #1 pile :eek:

My only problem with these numbers is the inevitable 2nd print. This is not normally an out right problem but with so many books available already it is just another to add to the #1 pile :eek:

And 3rd and 4th and 5th....

And 3rd and 4th and 5th....

...and 'Special Edition' and '$1 Edition' and 'FCBD Edition' and 'Scriptbook'. Do they still make scriptbooks? lol

@NickSpencer

"For people who pay attention to this kind of thing: those numbers are waaaay off. INSANELY off. MASSIVE undercount."

"Not being catty, but it is VERY frustrating to work hard on something for a year, see it succeed, then see your numbers underreported by 30%"

@NickSpencer

"For people who pay attention to this kind of thing: those numbers are waaaay off. INSANELY off. MASSIVE undercount."

"Not being catty, but it is VERY frustrating to work hard on something for a year, see it succeed, then see your numbers underreported by 30%"

Well if thats true then that would leave us wth a figure closer to 29556 for the Diamond distributed books and 30556 inc NYCC (shrug)

In line with what a lot of us predicted.

@NickSpencer

Good for Nick & Riley.

They busted their .

And good for me. ( I'm the guy you were ALL making fun of predicting 30,000 )

I'm STILL BUYING.

2nd prints..

third prints...

phantoms...

Special Edition...

( oooopsie )

Edited by LarrysComics

Having read the 1st issue it was a good book that I enjoyed but sadly this isn't the type of book that will hit the mainstream insanity that other Image titles are.

This book will sadly go the way of Fatale in a year from now. Willing to place bets on that one.

Having read the 1st issue it was a good book that I enjoyed but sadly this isn't the type of book that will hit the mainstream insanity that other Image titles are.

This book will sadly go the way of Fatale in a year from now. Willing to place bets on that one.

I definitely agree that it doesn't have TWD potential, but I think it has more room than Fatale. This book could make a great movie.

I definitely agree that it doesn't have TWD potential, but I think it has more room than Fatale. This book could make a great movie.

If this book is where Fatale is in 12 months, I will be thrilled. Then again, I think that Fatale is well written, well drawn, and interesting. I think that bedlam got off to a nice start and I hope that it delivers.

If this book is where Fatale is in 12 months, I will be thrilled. Then again, I think that Fatale is well written, well drawn, and interesting. I think that bedlam got off to a nice start and I hope that it delivers.

I'll be your huckleberry.

If Bedlam #1 ist print is not a $25+ median e-bay sale in one year.

I say Yuuuuuuup!

You say thee nay.

PM the level of wager...

I say Yuuuuuuup!

You say thee nay.

PM the level of wager...

I honestly don't care what the book's worth. I just want it to be good.

I say Yuuuuuuup!

You say thee nay.

PM the level of wager...

+1

If it's worth good money then thats only a bonus. :)

Right. Because as soon as WD 1 came out, everyone labeled it as a mainstream hit. Must be why the print run was so high.

Quality of story is more important than the subject matter. Zombies alone do not make a hit...and that was even more true (by a factor of 100) prior to the success of Walking Dead.

Whatever the premise, these books are stories about people...so it's a question of whether or not we can relate or find any attachment to the people in the stories, and how well the story keeps our attention.

Right. Because as soon as WD 1 came out, everyone labeled it as a mainstream hit. Must be why the print run was so high.

Quality of story is more important than the subject matter. Zombies alone do not make a hit...and that was even more true (by a factor of 100) prior to the success of Walking Dead.

Whatever the premise, these books are stories about people...so it's a question of whether or not we can relate or find any attachment to the people in the stories, and how well the story keeps our attention.

Personally, as someone who brought WD of the shelf and had a complete set between 1 -70, Issue one was a weak book compared to some other image number ones.

I lost track of people who gave up on it after the one issue, even after it had been around for years. I actually believe it was in trade that it flourished and if we are talking about mainstream, there was nothing mainstream about WD circa 2003.

I'm not saying Bedlam is the bee all and end all of all books ad better than WD, just that Walking dead was not as good, hyped etc as history will now have it.

I say Yuuuuuuup!

You say thee nay.

PM the level of wager...

+1

If it's worth good money then thats only a bonus. :)

I completely agree. Maybe one day I'll flip my 2nd copy of bedlam 1 for enough to pay for what I'll spend on the whole run. If that happens, wonderful. That means there will be a lot of rich, happy people here. If not (and if the book is good), ill happily pay each month for 10-15 minutes of good reading.