• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

There's no final total on the number of NYCC variants and you WILL see more of them hit the market...

Agreed - but my ads will include the image press release with "limited to 500 copies" written in it!

That would be disingenuous, and frowned upon here.

Seeing I'm as popular as syphillis in a brothel,my standing really can't get much lower.

But if its wrong - I will not do it.

Abusing people on Twitter. Brian Bendis is the latest...

I sure wish I didn't read that tweet stream... :facepalm:

I don't 'Twitter'. What did it say?

From Larry:

"@BRIANMBENDIS sure thing . You support digital & big box throughout the year & NOW you want to be the LCS champion? F!U!"

I'm not sure what the context of the conversation was but I'm sure Larry will chime in and let us know. I would be interested to know actually.

Abusing people on Twitter. Brian Bendis is the latest...

I sure wish I didn't read that tweet stream... :facepalm:

I don't 'Twitter'. What did it say?

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS ‏@BRIANMBENDIS

! on black friday go to your local comic store & buy everyone u know a graphic novel picked just for them. support your industry & art form

LarrysComics.net ‏@LarrysComics

@BRIANMBENDIS sure thing . You support digital & big box throughout the year & NOW you want to be the LCS champion? F!U! #comicmarket

Yeah, should be interesting where that ends up.

Seems like there are already 8 9.8 RRPs on the census, so we'll see where that goes.

You can add another 15 to that.

Got grades - shipping out via Joey Tuesday.

The 6 month rule is in play.

Please consider the following - consider,I'm fed up of arguing about this book.

1) The actual print run is RECORDED as 22,000. Spencer can bleat all he likes but thats the actual figure attributed to Bedlam #1

2) Variants - and I'm done going on about King Larry - are 4,000

3) San Diego and NYCC variants were OFFICIALLY stated as 500 each.There are suggestions there were more,but thats the figure quoted by Image so who are we to argue.

4) Even by my math, that leaves an 'official' plain old Bedlam #1 print run of 17,000

5) This book has had sensational reviews on the vast majority of internet review sites.

6) Comparasons to the Joker will not do any harm at all.

7) The potential for a film is enormous.

8) Its a sold out comic book that has been out for 3 weeks.No-one is going to retire on this book.

9) Give it 6 episodes and this will be the hottest non-marvel book of 2013.

10) THEN the secondary market is your friend.

This book will be huge - its just so awesomely perverted, and genuinely disturbing that one is compelled to turn the next page. You really have NO idea what is coming next.

The other one is Great Pacific - if it can survive a frankly dismal first episode,then the story has enormous upside.

I would help if more people actually realised the Great Pacific Refuse Island is real!

It's a disgrace, and I can see all sorts of environmentalists,greenies as well as good old comic folk jumping on.

I only have a couple of puppies in this race so its no biggie - just reckon it will be a grower.

I hope your right for many of the collectors that have invested quite a bit in this book. Currently Ebay isnt reflecting much of the above. Although 3rd eye is still doing well. It just seems too much at the same time between FP, 3rd eye, NYCC variants and the reg issue.

There's no final total on the number of NYCC variants and you WILL see more of them hit the market...

Agreed - but my ads will include the image press release with "limited to 500 copies" written in it!

That would be disingenuous, and frowned upon here.

Seeing I'm as popular as syphillis in a brothel,my standing really can't get much lower.

But if its wrong - I will not do it.

TBH I don't see the problem. The only official number is 500, all other numbers are speculation and heresay. Not calling anyone a liar as I'm sure they are right but if I wasn't reading these boards (and not everyone does) I wouldn't know any different from the only official figure given. Until image reports differently then all we now Is its definitely 500, possibly more.

What is with all the hype with this book? What is the justification for it?

Define Hype? Why is it important? Prior to it being released it was a new book by Nick Spencer and Riley Rossmo with a great hook and tag line. There was always going to be hype and speculation after their previous success (Morning Glories, Thieve of Theives, Proof, Cowboy Ninja Viking)

All I see is what I read here and what I feel about the book myself.

Have you read the book? It's rather polarising but if you enjoyed it like me then you probably love it, It's a great read with some great art.

It also helps the character and narrative will be an easy port to movies and TV. Their is a lot of growth regardless of whether or not you like it or feel it's going to be a success or not.

I read it and I thought it was interesting, I'm on for the first arc. There was more than 100 pages of posts before the 1st issue came out so I was wondering what was up with everyone being so excited about it. So it is the creative team and the potential to be easily converted to a screenplay thats driving the hype?

I honestly could care less if a book would translate to a screenplay/TV show/movie or whatever.

If it's a well written book with good art it will do well.... Simple.

Way too many books are written with TV shows or movies in mind these days.

Name how many new books that have ACTUALLY been successful as a TV show where that success has effected a new books sales or price? (other than TWD) I'm not talking about announcements or rumors. I'm talking about ACTUAL shows or movies on air.

Yeah, should be interesting where that ends up.

Seems like there are already 8 9.8 RRPs on the census, so we'll see where that goes.

You can add another 15 to that.

Got grades - shipping out via Joey Tuesday.

The 6 month rule is in play.

Please consider the following - consider,I'm fed up of arguing about this book.

1) The actual print run is RECORDED as 22,000. Spencer can bleat all he likes but thats the actual figure attributed to Bedlam #1

2) Variants - and I'm done going on about King Larry - are 4,000

3) San Diego and NYCC variants were OFFICIALLY stated as 500 each.There are suggestions there were more,but thats the figure quoted by Image so who are we to argue.

4) Even by my math, that leaves an 'official' plain old Bedlam #1 print run of 17,000

5) This book has had sensational reviews on the vast majority of internet review sites.

6) Comparasons to the Joker will not do any harm at all.

7) The potential for a film is enormous.

8) Its a sold out comic book that has been out for 3 weeks.No-one is going to retire on this book.

9) Give it 6 episodes and this will be the hottest non-marvel book of 2013.

10) THEN the secondary market is your friend.

This book will be huge - its just so awesomely perverted, and genuinely disturbing that one is compelled to turn the next page. You really have NO idea what is coming next.

The other one is Great Pacific - if it can survive a frankly dismal first episode,then the story has enormous upside.

I would help if more people actually realised the Great Pacific Refuse Island is real!

It's a disgrace, and I can see all sorts of environmentalists,greenies as well as good old comic folk jumping on.

I only have a couple of puppies in this race so its no biggie - just reckon it will be a grower.

I hope your right for many of the collectors that have invested quite a bit in this book. Currently Ebay isnt reflecting much of the above. Although 3rd eye is still doing well. It just seems too much at the same time between FP, 3rd eye, NYCC variants and the reg issue.

For Lords sake - I've been saying that for over a month!

Yet the very people now wondering why the secondary market doesn't exist are the same people who killed each other to make King Larry wealthy!

You do know that Larry supplies the contracts for 3rd eye FP etc?

But lets them set their own price :facepalm:

I can't make it any easier than this - The phantom is the same art, same story, same everything except cover.

Why not buy some really nice photographic paper and print out a variant cover?

I will never understand why some people pay $30+ for the same contents with a different shiny pic on the front.

I know its your money etc etc - but luckily this book is too good to be killed by King Larry's greed.

I'll wager a pound to a penny - King Larry won't get to distribute nearly 25% of a first print first edition ever again.

King Larry butchered the Golden Goose at the first attempt.

The Ghost boys,they get it.

Top quality,low numbers - one every 3 months or so. (thumbs u

King Larry - one a week for 6 months??

Too greedy,too stupid. doh!

And calling out Bendis today with the profanities only added to his ridiculous record. The guys a frikkin Na zi for christs sake.

Why would anyone buy anything from a confirmed racist b'stard?

Anyhow Fastball - I'm confident enough that Bedlam will thrive and prosper.

Its a great story - with great art,and the next 2 issues will blow your socks off.

Just don't buy King Larrys dumb variant! :wishluck:

Hold Fast - it will come good mate!

Wow,

As of today Bedlam is my shop's #2 subscribed to creator owned title.

Right behind Saga.

Not bad for a book that ONLY has one issue out.

Now Larry, you have been promoting this book for three months, of course people are going to place it on their pull list. I just hope it lives up to all its hype in the months to come.

Wow,

As of today Bedlam is my shop's #2 subscribed to creator owned title.

Right behind Saga.

Not bad for a book that ONLY has one issue out.

Awesome. Quick story. I have a friend in Wilmington who is into comics too. I said, "have you read Bedlam?" He said no. I sent him a copy and he loves it! I'm a big fan too. I wish I could have gotten a #1 OA, but didn't think about it until after the fact. This book will be big (not just wishful thinking).

Ryan