• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

If you release a "version" of issue 1 after the 2nd print has been released, but you label your "version" as a "SPECIAL EDITION" rather than as a "SECOND PRINT"...is that somehow more desirable?

"SPECIAL EDITION" is code for "I'm really selling a second or third print, but want to sucker the fan boys into thinking its really a first print variant, thereby making them think it will ever be worth the paper it is printed on." (thumbs u

:facepalm:

This mistake and possible mis-labelling just feels like a marketing stunt. Its obviously worked as you got us talking about it (shrug)

What was with the one for sale on ebay, it seems to have been either sold or closed down, I can't find it now. Was that you as well larry?

Not convinced by the regular cover. The first 6 pages were rather creepy though. Odd that there is no Madder Red of Filmore Press, But I have feeling thats not what this book is going to be about. I am certainly intrigued enough to want to pick up issue #2

This mistake and possible mis-labelling just feels like a marketing stunt. Its obviously worked as you got us talking about it (shrug)

What was with the one for sale on ebay, it seems to have been either sold or closed down, I can't find it now. Was that you as well larry?

Why do you think it's a marketing stunt?

Is it coming up for sale soon?

Well he implied when he said this...

Looks like the 2nd print is gone from Larry's site.

They were NOT second prints.

It was an incorrect picture.

I have to wait & see what Image ships for their second print Bedlam tomorrow.

Larry could you possibly shed light on what the special variant is then. Print run etc etc :)

absolutely.

when it's time to roll it out.

That there is in fact a #1 special edition that is going to be release, but it won't say anything more until it time (shrug)

I may have read it wrong but a special edition book gets released on his site, and on e-bay, the picture is wrong, which he says is a mistake, and they are both pulled from sale. As far as I can see it was only the picture up that was a mistake and a special edition will be released soon.

I purchased two SE...what happens with my order?

I paid and got an order confirmation email hm

I'll ship your order.

The scoop:

I commissioned a SE of Bedlam #1 a while back for a signing that now is not going to happen.

Nick had asked a while back if I minded that he used the cover for a later printing of Bedlam.

I told him would prefer he didn't.

I put up the incorrect picture.

limited to 400.

I'll start shipping this week ( Thurs or Friday ) as soon as I get my MASSIVE My Little Pony orders out the door.

xqbxL.jpg

Edited by LarrysComics

I purchased two SE...what happens with my order?

I paid and got an order confirmation email hm

I'll ship your order.

The scoop:

I commissioned a SE of Bedlam #1 a while back for a signing that now is not going to happen.

Nick had asked a while back if I minded that he used the cover for a later printing of Bedlam.

I told him would prefer he didn't.

I put up the incorrect picture.

limited to 400.

I'll start shipping this week ( Thurs or Friday ) as soon as I get my MASSIVE My Little Pony orders out the door.

xqbxL.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up Larry :) So will there be two copies of this book? A 2nd printing and your special edition but both with the same cover?

Regardless of whether or not I think there are too many variants or not, I just can't help myself and the completist in me always wants to get them all lol

I have to admit some of the bedlam covers coming out of your commissions are awesome. All 3 have been fantastic. :banana: