• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Maybe jj has some information. I talked to Jason a couple of times and he didn't really tell me why he left other than he's moving onto new projects. Not a huge deal, but I'm somewhat curious since given the monthly sales it was doing pretty well financially for the creators.

Ryan's actually pretty capable if you check out his stuff. With him doing an issue on MP at the same time, seems like he's getting a bit more exposure.

That said, I can't imagine anyone as perfect for this content as Riley -- sad times.

For those that haven't seen the cover to five.... (thumbs u

8531612032_099699419e.jpg

That cover is sweet! (thumbs u I like it better than that baby variant

But... But..

Andy said it was ALMOST the same as the Phantom #1 cover.

He's an expert.

You are really good at (a) pimping your books, and (b) insulting board members that would otherwise potentially be your customers. Do you have anything else to contribute?

Can you blame him? Andy takes a shot at him every chance he gets.

As far as independents go (100+), Hellblazer just wrapped at 300, BPRD, Fables and Usagi Yojimbo come to mind. I'm sure there are more.

Hellblazer and Fables are Vertigo. i.e. DC.

Cerebus, which ran 300 issues, is one of the old flag bearers.

Is issue 5 out tomorrow? I too prefer the Rossmo 2nd print covers but it was the cover of 2 that made me pick it up and flick through it. Well that and the ridiculous amount of copies Forbidden Planet had ordered in.

I submitted the first four issues to be dual SS signed at the LSCC, expecting 2-4 to be 9.8 but 9.2-9.6 for 1.

Is this an ongoing or a mini-series? And those sketches on the previous pages are bloody awesome!

As far as independents go (100+), Hellblazer just wrapped at 300, BPRD, Fables and Usagi Yojimbo come to mind. I'm sure there are more.

WOW! I totally forgot about Cerebus. But as far as Image goes its Spawn, Savage Dragon, Walking Dead, and then Invincible right? In that order.

Ryan's actually pretty capable if you check out his stuff. With him doing an issue on MP at the same time, seems like he's getting a bit more exposure.

That said, I can't imagine anyone as perfect for this content as Riley -- sad times.

I believe Riley is moving to a major DC book, well at least thats the impression I have been given and may be wrong.

Also Ryan's work is awesome so I have no qualms about him taking over. If you get a chance check out his Web comic God hates astronauts (thumbs u

hmm will see what his art is like for this title, but there was something about Riley's art on this book that made it feel like a perfect fit.

Anyway doesnt matter as i'll still be picking up this title, after all the story is the main aspect

WOW! I totally forgot about Cerebus. But as far as Image goes its Spawn, Savage Dragon, Walking Dead, and then Invincible right? In that order.

Witchblade is somewhere in the 160s and Darkness reverted original numbering and is in the 100s, but there Image/Top Cow right?

Ok so I chatted with Riley today on facebook about possibly sending him some books to sign. It won't be a situation to where they will be signed and sent to CGC to get an SS Grade. *GASP!* I know there are some out there that feel getting a book signed without a certification from CGC makes the books worthless. I guess in a way it can in the resell market. But I'm not concerned about that as I plan to keep the books for myself anyways. I obviously would prefer to have them signed in person, but unfortunately Texas doesn't get any big cons any more other than Wizard World Austin, and he made no mention of making it to that con this year.

Now to my point, I asked him that since he is no longer working on Bedlam, could he tell me what he has in the works. He mentioned that he is doing some covers, but did not say for which books. He also mentioned that he is working on a mini series that involves him splitting the art duty with Ben Templesmith. And then he has something else of his own coming out around September. I'm pretty anxious to see what that will be.

However, unlike a lot of people, I'm not a fan of Templesmith's art work. *DOUBLE GASP!*, I know. It's just a preference thing. I don't really hate it, it's just not for me personally. But I guess I can overlook it this time to see what Riley will be doing on the series. :)

Did anyone talk to Riley at ECCC about leaving the book?

Riley was a really, really cool dude! Probably one of the coolest people I've met in all my years going to Comic-Cons. Talked with him for a bit and I asked him about why he was leaving the book. Without him giving out all the details, and this may be me reading into what he said, but I got the impression that he wanted a little more "creative" freedom.

He did say that he was super excited cause he's going to be working on a book with The Rza and Ghostface Killah from the Wu-Tang Clan!!!

He was even cool enough to hook up a Madder Red sketch on the back of my #1 Phantom Variant!!!