• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Lee, J Scott Campbell, Adam Hughes, B. Booth OA Page Prices from 1996!

7 posts in this topic

I just picked up the James Robinson "Leave it to Chance" book from the 90s and on the back page of the books Wildstorm was selling original art pages from their studio that you could purchase directly from them.

Now I thought pages from '96 would have been cheaper, but it looks like even back then the prices for the "name" artists were still steep back in the days.

Prices listed below due to the bad photos.

Jim Lee

Wizard trading card: $300

Wild CATS pages: $200, $450,

DefCon 4 cover: $600

J Scott Campbell

Gen 13 pages: $275, $225, $200, $325

Adam Hughes

Gen 13 pages: $225, $275, $225, $225

Brett Booth

Backlash/Spider-Man series: $200, $225, $800

Backlash/Spider-Man series: $200, $350, $325, $450

Backlash/Spider-Man series: $175, $175, $225, $150

128677.jpg.e90a2e191f9f30db3ba38d75d61b8b60.jpg

128678.jpg.d1a515ae22f34b31621efa1ed4ba9d6c.jpg

You know what was a good deal from Wildstorm back then? Preacher pages. Oh those Dillon pieces were so ridiculously cheap... I bought 3 sequential pages of Cassidy telling Tulip he loved her while sitting at a bar, for like $150-200. I bought one of those 3/4 splashes of Jessie's super detailed head filling up almost the whole page for like $85. I bought a page of Cassidy when he is at his buddy's place right before he finds the head in the fridge. It was like $50 and had such great Dillon details in it. It was the "Big Burt" page.

Most all of the Preacher stuff was in the $50-85 range as I recall.

Those Wildstorm catalogs has such an odd variety of work available in them.

If only I'd bought everything and sat on it long enough...

-e.

You know what was a good deal from Wildstorm back then? Preacher pages. Oh those Dillon pieces were so ridiculously cheap... I bought 3 sequential pages of Cassidy telling Tulip he loved her while sitting at a bar, for like $150-200. I bought one of those 3/4 splashes of Jessie's super detailed head filling up almost the whole page for like $85. I bought a page of Cassidy when he is at his buddy's place right before he finds the head in the fridge. It was like $50 and had such great Dillon details in it. It was the "Big Burt" page.

Most all of the Preacher stuff was in the $50-85 range as I recall.

Those Wildstorm catalogs has such an odd variety of work available in them.

If only I'd bought everything and sat on it long enough...

-e.

:cry:

The interesting part is that among the prices listed, most are worth alot more, but some are probably only worth what they were going for back then!

Malvin

This is very cool. That was when I had my comic shop, and I remember at the time, the only original art I could afford was around $35 a page for some What If... splash pages by Mark Pacella.

Campbell was super hot even back then - so $200+ for a page was probably a fair price. The good ole days...