• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

That one is definitely at the top of my list as a surprise hit. Great acting, great dialogue, overall great total package.

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Now, can I please get an X-Men movie that blows me away that much? Please.

That one is definitely at the top of my list as a surprise hit. Great acting, great dialogue, overall great total package.

The problem with us comic guys is that our expectations are going to be super high... which is going to put us at a disadvantage.

Yes Singer made X2 which was awesome... but then Superman Returns which was entertaining, but not really something I can watch over and over.

That's one of the problems Watchmen had... how can a film capture the memory of what that story meant to us the first time we read it?

Days of Future Past has that obstacle to overcome... first and foremost. That's why I'm just telling myself to just enjoy what it is... which is a movie based on characters that I've enjoyed my whole life.

Would I like for it to be "Dark Knight" good... oh yes. Will it? Unlikely.

Just want better than 1990 Punisher film and I will be fine with throwin down $10 to see it. hm

Days of Future Past has that obstacle to overcome... first and foremost. That's why I'm just telling myself to just enjoy what it is... which is a movie based on characters that I've enjoyed my whole life.

With as many characters as Singer is loading this movie with, I'm hoping that does not become a distraction. Otherwise, new fans may get overwhelmed with characters, and not learn enough about any of their backgrounds to want to know more.

I would love for Bishop to be delivered right, though. Especially with his ties to the future, it kind of makes sense they plugged him into the story.

bryan-singer-confirms-bishop-and-warpath-for-x-men-days-of-future-past-133252-a-1366870672-470-75.jpg

Wonder if they will do the big old mutant brand on his face.

With as many characters as Singer is loading this movie with, I'm hoping that does not become a distraction. Otherwise, new fans may get overwhelmed with characters, and not learn enough about any of their backgrounds to want to know more.

I would love for Bishop to be delivered right, though. Especially with his ties to the future, it kind of make sense they plugged him into the story.

bryan-singer-confirms-bishop-and-warpath-for-x-men-days-of-future-past-133252-a-1366870672-470-75.jpg

Wonder if they will do the big old mutant brand on his face.

It is odd that Singer has chosen to go all out on the character appearances in this film... yet stuck with the old standby Luthor in the Superman movie.

hm wonder if Ratner rubbed off on him ;)

Why Singer didn't get Alan Cumming to come back as Nightcrawler still puzzles me.

The first X-Men movie was lots of fun, but Singer got the formula right with X2. I remember being mesmerized in the theater during the opening of X2, thinking to myself "Wow, they got this perfect, look at Nightcrawler BAMF BAMF BAMF!....but why is Nightcrawler attacking the president?" I hope Singer can open Days of Future Past with the same action and mystery that sucked me into X2 . As for X3, I personally pretend it never happened, and I hope Singer makes it that way in Days of Future Past.

:preach:

-slym

Why Singer didn't get Alan Cumming to come back as Nightcrawler still puzzles me.

The first X-Men movie was lots of fun, but Singer got the formula right with X2. I remember being mesmerized in the theater during the opening of X2, thinking to myself "Wow, they got this perfect, look at Nightcrawler BAMF BAMF BAMF!....but why is Nightcrawler attacking the president?" I hope Singer can open Days of Future Past with the same action and mystery that sucked me into X2 . As for X3, I personally pretend it never happened, and I hope Singer makes it that way in Days of Future Past.

True... it seems Alan would jump at the chance to come back too.

Probably his highest profile role ever. hm

Someone ask him if would return as Nightcrawler and said "yes"

He said that his performance as Nightcrawler was very popular with fans,and wondered why Singer didn't cast him in Days of Future Past.

My guess is since Nightcrawler & Mystique are son & mother,they wouldn't have time to shoot a scene explaining it.

Singer is craming a lot of stuff in the film that they may not have time to do a Nightcrawler/Mystique scene.

But that's just my guess hm

Supposedly it had something to do with the costume. But I don't know how much of that I believe.

Here was one of the news feed summaries on the situation, which was sad to read. I wanted Kurt back.

Alan Cumming played Nightcrawler, the blue-skinned, demonic-looking, God-fearing German teleporter, only in "X2," and proved to be one of the best things about the first "X-Men" sequel. However, he apparently hated the extensive makeup process, which may have been part of the reason why he didn't reprise the role in the Brett Ratner-directed "X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006).

Here was one of the news feed summaries on the situation, which was sad to read. I wanted Kurt back.

Alan Cumming played Nightcrawler, the blue-skinned, demonic-looking, God-fearing German teleporter, only in "X2," and proved to be one of the best things about the first "X-Men" sequel. However, he apparently hated the extensive makeup process, which may have been part of the reason why he didn't reprise the role in the Brett Ratner-directed "X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006).

That's understandable... but didn't he go through a make up process for that Wizard of Oz thing he did on SciFi a few years back.

Seems like high profile work is still high profile work. Well unless he (his skin) had a reaction to the makeup... then I could understand it more hm