• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

But that's just my guess hm

Here was one of the news feed summaries on the situation, which was sad to read. I wanted Kurt back.

Alan Cumming played Nightcrawler, the blue-skinned, demonic-looking, God-fearing German teleporter, only in "X2," and proved to be one of the best things about the first "X-Men" sequel. However, he apparently hated the extensive makeup process, which may have been part of the reason why he didn't reprise the role in the Brett Ratner-directed "X-Men: The Last Stand" (2006).

That's understandable... but didn't he go through a make up process for that Wizard of Oz thing he did on SciFi a few years back.

Seems like high profile work is still high profile work. Well unless he (his skin) had a reaction to the makeup... then I could understand it more hm

I know. Seemed like a missed opportunity to deliver on a great role.

It was a missed opportunity for sure.

He's a great character... deserved much more screen time that's for sure.

They probably wouldn't even have to go into the Mystique relationship at all... easy to work around.

And wouldn't work anyway since Alan is like 50 and J Law is only like 22 ish.

They probably wouldn't even have to go into the Mystique relationship at all... easy to work around.

But Mystique is a Shapeshifter, she can appear any age she wants.

That, at least, I can get behind.

-slym

But Mystique is a Shapeshifter, she can appear any age she wants.

That, at least, I can get behind.

-slym

True Slym... plus I forgot that there is a First Class in this movie... so if Nightcrawler from the present X-men met Raven... then it would be before he was born.... technically right. hm

Why Singer didn't get Alan Cumming to come back as Nightcrawler still puzzles me.

The first X-Men movie was lots of fun, but Singer got the formula right with X2. I remember being mesmerized in the theater during the opening of X2, thinking to myself "Wow, they got this perfect, look at Nightcrawler BAMF BAMF BAMF!....but why is Nightcrawler attacking the president?" I hope Singer can open Days of Future Past with the same action and mystery that sucked me into X2 . As for X3, I personally pretend it never happened, and I hope Singer makes it that way in Days of Future Past.

True... it seems Alan would jump at the chance to come back too.

Probably his highest profile role ever. hm

Someone ask him if would return as Nightcrawler and said "yes"

He said that his performance as Nightcrawler was very popular with fans,and wondered why Singer didn't cast him in Days of Future Past.

My guess is since Nightcrawler & Mystique are son & mother,they wouldn't have time to shoot a scene explaining it.

Singer is craming a lot of stuff in the film that they may not have time to do a Nightcrawler/Mystique scene.

Wasn't Azazel in X-Men First Class? Kind of seems like it would make sense to explain Nightcrawler's origin, even if it is a small cameo.

Why Singer didn't get Alan Cumming to come back as Nightcrawler still puzzles me.

The first X-Men movie was lots of fun, but Singer got the formula right with X2. I remember being mesmerized in the theater during the opening of X2, thinking to myself "Wow, they got this perfect, look at Nightcrawler BAMF BAMF BAMF!....but why is Nightcrawler attacking the president?" I hope Singer can open Days of Future Past with the same action and mystery that sucked me into X2 . As for X3, I personally pretend it never happened, and I hope Singer makes it that way in Days of Future Past.

True... it seems Alan would jump at the chance to come back too.

Probably his highest profile role ever. hm

Someone ask him if would return as Nightcrawler and said "yes"

He said that his performance as Nightcrawler was very popular with fans,and wondered why Singer didn't cast him in Days of Future Past.

My guess is since Nightcrawler & Mystique are son & mother,they wouldn't have time to shoot a scene explaining it.

Singer is craming a lot of stuff in the film that they may not have time to do a Nightcrawler/Mystique scene.

Wasn't Azazel in X-Men First Class? Kind of seems like it would make sense to explain Nightcrawler's origin, even if it is a small cameo.

Would make sense to. hm

Just found this pic of Shadowcat...

kitty-pryde-x-men-days-of-future-past_zpse598ae88.jpg

Ugh. Shadowcat? Does she HAVE to be in it?

Guess so... Its been awhile since I read Days of Future Past... but she was still "Sprite" in that wasn't she ? hm

Guess so... Its been awhile since I read Days of Future Past... but she was still "Sprite" in that wasn't she ? hm

Yes and she was one of the most important characters in the original storyline.

:applause: for recognizing

meh for thinking that she might have real importance in this Hollywood version of the story

:cry: for the same fact

-slym

:applause: for recognizing

meh for thinking that she might have real importance in this Hollywood version of the story

:cry: for the same fact

-slym

From everything we've seen and heard I think we can pretty much assume that this will resemble the original story in name only.

:applause: Kitty!

I have to agree. And in an article the other day, they were talking about how Vaughn's continued involvement in some form would keep that youthful focus in the -script.

However, a few months after the announcement as director, Vaughn told the public that he has dropped down as director of Days of Future Past, in order to work on another film The Secret Service (another Millar comic). Obviously, this made many fans of his work very angry and start believing again that the X films would turn back into utter . Due to their anger, many fans have forgotten that Vaughn is still involved with this film as one of the producers and writers which shows that his creative force will mostly be shone through his writing which would bring back a tone similar to the one he established in First Class. Even though Bryan Singer will be taking the reins for the sequel, it should not be that big of a jump similar to X2 and The Last Stand.

Plus The Sentinels introduced appropriately.

We will actually get to see Wolverine climb up the arms of one these death machines and slice its head off like in the comics and cartoon shows of our childhood. This also allows a new twist in terms of villainy for this new X film, since in the previous installments, we have mostly seen Magneto trying to make his vision of mutant supremacy a reality and in X2 we had William Stryker, mutant hating extremist trying to disband and kill the X-Men. However, the Sentinels in X-Men: Days of Future Past will most likely represent the U.S. Government and likely other countries as well in trying to get rid of mutants off the face of the Earth. Essentially, this film will be, in a sense, the X-Men vs. The Government or “The Man” as some like to say.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 5 Reasons To Be Excited

I'm actually tired of seeing Magneto in these films. So many other baddies to introduce.

I'm not sure how much focus they will place on Magneto. Wouldn't he be in more of a support cast role with the Sentinels and their creator being the main antagonists?