• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Why, oh why, can't my comic book movies be faithful to the stories they are based on? Days Of Future Past with Colossus & Blink sounds like a bad move (much like most of the past X-movies)...

I am not looking for 100%, but it is almost like "they" aren't even trying. The LOTR trilogy wasn't 100% faithful to the books, but I enjoyed them immensely. IMHO, only the very first X-movie was any good, and it bothered me a lot with the liberties the writers took. The next two I was more and more disgusted with, so much that I haven't bothered with any of the others except for "1st Class," which was actually a decent enough story but the characters they chose to use and how they used them was bad. (Again, all IMHO.) I wouldn't have even watched that one if a girl I was seeing at the time hadn't wanted to watch it.

In Hollywood, Spider-Man has gotten a re-boot. Superman has gotten a re-boot. THE FRICKIN' HULK has gotten two re-boots...

Can't someone re-boot the X-franchise and make it half as faithful to the comics as Peter Jackson did to the LOTR movies?

Please???????

:(

/rant

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Days Of Future Past with Colossus & Blink sounds like a bad move (much like most of the past X-movies)...

What difference does it make? Colossus was in the original story from X-Men 141 and 142 anyway. I don't know who Blink is, but maybe he's a cool character. Doesn't really change the story much.

Yea, Wolverine is 5' 2" in the comics. Does it change the character to have him portrayed by the 6' 3" Hugh Jackman? Yes. Is everything that made Wolverine popular still intact? Yep.

Call it a difference of opinion. I think it changes things for the worse. Even so far as retconning in the comics how Wolverines claws are shaped and how they come out, I see as negative.

:shrug:

Also, Blink is a female. ;)

-slym

Can someone confirm that the retconning of Wolvie's claw locations were due to the ease of CG editing (easier to come out of fist than doing it from the top of his hands) from the first X-Men film? I heard that years and years ago, but have no way to substantiate it.

Days Of Future Past with Colossus & Blink sounds like a bad move (much like most of the past X-movies)...

I don't know who Blink is, but maybe she's a cool character. Doesn't really change the story much.

fixed.

Can someone confirm that the retconning of Wolvie's claw locations were due to the ease of CG editing (easier to come out of fist than doing it from the top of his hands) from the first X-Men film? I heard that years and years ago, but have no way to substantiate it.

I don't remember, but I thought they changed it because it didn't make much anatomical sense for them to come out of the back of his hand. The idea of them going forward and back is much easier to accept if they run parallel to the bones in his forearm.

I don't remember, but I thought they changed it because it didn't make much anatomical sense for them to come out of the back of his hand. The idea of them going forward and back is much easier to accept if they run parallel to the bones in his forearm.

It makes no anatomical sense that he would have bone claws in the first place. Unfortunately that retcon was done way before the garbage movies.

Why, oh why, can't my comic book movies be faithful to the stories they are based on? Days Of Future Past with Colossus & Blink sounds like a bad move (much like most of the past X-movies)...

I am not looking for 100%, but it is almost like "they" aren't even trying. The LOTR trilogy wasn't 100% faithful to the books, but I enjoyed them immensely. IMHO, only the very first X-movie was any good, and it bothered me a lot with the liberties the writers took. The next two I was more and more disgusted with, so much that I haven't bothered with any of the others except for "1st Class," which was actually a decent enough story but the characters they chose to use and how they used them was bad. (Again, all IMHO.) I wouldn't have even watched that one if a girl I was seeing at the time hadn't wanted to watch it.

In Hollywood, Spider-Man has gotten a re-boot. Superman has gotten a re-boot. THE FRICKIN' HULK has gotten two re-boots...

Can't someone re-boot the X-franchise and make it half as faithful to the comics as Peter Jackson did to the LOTR movies?

Please???????

:(

/rant

-slym

I will tell you what I've been told in so many words here. Shut up and enjoy it. You should get down on your knees and kiss H'Wood's ring for even making movies based on comic books.

Heh - I am technically a "dummy." No college, general studies in high school. I have lots of retail experience because of that (heh) and my biggest claim to a profession is executive chef at my sister's restaurant (no longer in business) but I am not a line-cook, I really am more of a home-cooking style type of chef.

However, I am smart, willing to learn most anything, and am willing to relocate as mentioned previously. Call me a "tabula rasa" with 40+ years of wisdom & life experience.

(I even PM'd the guy talking about oil-field jobs in ND over in the Water Cooler thread about jobs)

-slym (knows that last bit not in parentheses & two bucks will buy him a cup of coffee)

What difference does it make? Colossus was in the original story from X-Men 141 and 142 anyway. I don't know who Blink is, but maybe he's a cool character. Doesn't really change the story much.

Yea, Wolverine is 5' 2" in the comics. Does it change the character to have him portrayed by the 6' 3" Hugh Jackman? Yes. Is everything that made Wolverine popular still intact? Yep.

Don't short change him he's 5'5"!

They have varied in the comics. Not sure if it was due to the movies...but the comics have varied whether the claws are straight or curved for a long time. Curved wouldn't house and extend/retract as easily...