• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

If Wolverine doesn't get every inch of flesh blasted from his body by a Sentinel, so that we see nothing but a metal skeleton, then this movie will be utter, epic, 100% pure trash.

;)

It's my understanding that the Sentinels won't appear in this film. Marvel wants to try preparing for a cross-over.

Ultron.jpg

Then this movie is already doomed to be utter, epic, 100% pure trash.

(thumbs u

-slym

:golfclap:

How can you have this movie without Sentinels? :sumo:

I just feel like I have to :sick: now

Bleeding Cool

Is that Wolverine's brown leather jacket in X-Men #141-142? hm

Will this mean we will actually have X-men 141-142 story-line then? (shrug)

Of course. There's a brown leather jacket involved so that definitely means they are going to faithfully recreate the story from # 141/142. :gossip:

If Wolverine doesn't get every inch of flesh blasted from his body by a Sentinel, so that we see nothing but a metal skeleton, then this movie will be utter, epic, 100% pure trash.

;)

It's my understanding that the Sentinels won't appear in this film. Marvel wants to try preparing for a cross-over.

Ultron.jpg

(thumbs u

-slym

The Sentinels/Ultron statement was a joke. :facepalm:

Bleeding Cool

Is that Wolverine's brown leather jacket in X-Men #141-142? hm

Will this mean we will actually have X-men 141-142 story-line then? (shrug)

Of course. There's a brown leather jacket involved so that definitely means they are going to faithfully recreate the story from # 141/142. :gossip:

lol

;)

Ultron.jpg

(thumbs u

-slym

:makepoint:

;)

Ultron.jpg

(thumbs u

-slym

:makepoint:

:whistle:

Interesting supporting cast.

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat = Ellen Page

Raven/Mystique = Jennifer Lawrence

James Proudstar/Warpath = Booboo Stewart

Blink = Fan Bingbing

Colossus = Daniel Cudmore

?? = Peter Dinklage

peter-dinklage-bryan-singer-x-men-days-of-future-past__oPt.jpg

Iceman = Shawn Ashmore

Bishop = Omar Sy

Rogue = Anna Paquin

Nightcrawler = CGI-generated (how disappointing)

Psylocke = ??

Is this film going to be 4 hours long?

That's my fear. This is sounding like X-Men Last Stand all over again. And I hope not.

Peter D. seems to be in the driver's seat nowadays, so with him joining on I am hoping it was due to the strength of the -script.

:wishluck:

In reading some of the actor recommendations for X-Men characters played in a movie, there are some interesting mentions.

Jason Isaacs - Mister Sinister

28668L.jpg

Ashley Greene - Rogue

28689L.jpg

Zoe Saldana - Storm

28691L.jpg

Hayley Kiyoko - Jubilee

28684L.jpg

And look at that. Hugh Jackman - Wolverine

28695L.jpg

ku-medium.jpg

Peter Dinklage sports a '70s mustache on the set of X-Men

We're still not certain just who Peter Dinklage is playing in X-Men: Days of Future Past, but this photo of Dinklage on set gives some clues to the era.

The Superficial spotted this image of Dinklage on-set in Montreal. Assuming the Crocs aren't part of the actual costume, the Ron Burgundy look suggests that we'll be seeing Dinklage in the 1970s, rather than in the future, at least for part of the movie. And the mustache lines up with the popular theory that Dinklage will be playing Bolivar Trask, creator of the Sentinels.

When we mentioned that it now seemed unlikely that Dinklage would indeed be playing the Alpha Flight hero [Puck] Singer replied simply, “yeah.”

ku-medium.jpg

Why do I get the feeling Singer is teasing fans?

Dinklage is a fantastic actor. If you haven't seen The Station Agent with him... then you are missing out on superior acting.

Give him any part... and he will do it justice.

If they can make some of the action scenes in this movie as great as what took place in Game of Thrones S3 E4 "And Now His Watch Is Ended", this will be unstoppable.

Supposedly one of the biggest episode successes ever for GoT.

The ratings of the episode raised to a new record for the series, with a viewership of 4.87 million viewers and a 2.6 share among adults between the ages of 18 and 49. The encore was watched by another 1.03 million, totaling 5.90 million viewers for the night.

The final scene was unanimously praised. At Cultural Learnings, Myles McNutt found that the scene was one of the series' best sequences, and considered an impressive feat to have achieved a climax so satisfying for the viewer with only a relatively small number of scenes building up to it in the first three episodes. VanDerWerff considered that Emilia Clarke's acting was Emmy worthy. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall also praised her performance, remarking that "her big moment comes in a (fictional) foreign language, and the subtitles are barely necessary. That's how good she is."

unsullied.jpg