• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many of you have private insurance?

83 posts in this topic

For those of us who collect silver/golden/some bronze age, I frankly think private insurance is a must. There are many benefits for what you have to pay per year. I have a policy with collectinsure which covers me for full burglary, and $60,000 in carrying insurance (meaning items I take to a show or send in the mail). When sending items in the mail or fedex, all I have to do is get signature confirmation. Ive saved a bunch on USPS insurance fees alone, and it makes the package much less of a target.

A recent ebay thread made this another plus. If a buyer says an item was lost, and paypal/ebay refunds them, the private insurance will cover the claim as long as you have tracking.

Even though the majority of my collections are kept in the bank, not everything will fit. Anyone else have have private insurance?

Ankur

no but i dont really have anything that wouldn't be covered on the house insurance and it's pretty rare that my house is empty, i work nights so there's generally someone in the house at all times

I was thinking about this when I read the thread, the person's package would have been covered, but only up to $250 unless he sent it express or registered, so it probably wouldn't have helped all that much.

. I've had private insurance for years, and I hope I never have to collect.

I've got it for peace of mind, and my annual insurance bill has climbed to a pretty frightening amount as my collection has grown the past few years. All I can say is that, if I ever need to file a claim, they better come through. Has anyone ever had experience filing a claim with them?