• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

For somebody listed here to comment would be to me a conflict of interest. Sort of like tooting my own horn. And while I always look forward to this yearly thread I am always looking for and read these types of threads since reputations are very important. And while people are always looking for the "Throw them under the bus" thread the underlying theme is that we should all be looking out for each other. Screw a customer or a dealer for that matter and it affects all of us.

Sometimes yes, but there are times if responded to correctly, a response would not lead to a conflict of interest as it is after the fact. I am not looking at a throw them under the bus response as public outcries should really not name names. I have had a problem with a dealer here and there before but I would never tell anyone specific details and out them here. That is between me and the dealer to work out. I may post circumstances and provide generalized information in order to receive advice on how to handle a situation but I will never name a name unless I absolutely positively have to.

When I asked if anyone responds, it was more in the vein of an example of: "We recognize that we are falling short in "x" area and appreciate or take note of the points that were made. This is how we are looking to improve."

I think it was mycomicshop that explained why their commissions were low about a month or two ago as they stated that they wished to expand their role in the online auction marketplace. Some dealers would rather focus on internet sales rather than maintain a show presence. Some may want to stay away from the internet as they prefer direct sales with customers at shows. Sometimes responses like that open the door for better lines of communication and relationship building with a customer base.

I was thinking more along the lines of the old Hasbro Q&A where the design team would offer insight into why they do the things that they do across various toy lines.

Great Work. I think my biggest problem with the big three internet sites (Comic Connect, Heritage, and Comic Link) is the lack of investment on usability on all three. Things could be much better on these sites with some minor changes.

Here are my suggestions:

Comiclink- Tracking. You should be able to watch and track books both in the marketplace and auctions. Warnings- You should be able to get warnings when items you have bid or watching are close to ending. Last- I think the look and feel need to be updated. Scans- bigger and back cover please.

Heritage- Search. There database search just stinks. You should be able to search for an issue and set up want lists for an issue. When you search for Showcase 4 you should not get back hits for Showcase 40 or Showcase 5 in a 4.0 grade. The gallery view is great if you have not tried it.

Comicconnect- They need a better way of separating auctions from listings, artwork from comics, and the different ages (Gold, Silver, Bronze).

This is just off the top of my head. The Heritage problems are probably the hardest to fix. It would require a big change in their database.

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Considering that your interaction with me is limited to one book that was misplaced (involving two other parties as well), it's disheartening to hear that you'd label me as what's wrong with this hobby. We all made good on the situation, and I'm sorry you didn't get the response from me that you wanted. I do put a huge amount of effort into making sure everyone I do business with is happy. So if you want to PM me, or post something here, I'll respond to it. Maybe we can bury the hatchet.

Matt

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

I am offended to have been excluded from the list of consideration. nevermind the top ten. I personally sold several tens of dollars worth of books last year.

Considering that your interaction with me is limited to one book that was misplaced (involving two other parties as well), it's disheartening to hear that you'd label me as what's wrong with this hobby. We all made good on the situation, and I'm sorry you didn't get the response from me that you wanted. I do put a huge amount of effort into making sure everyone I do business with is happy. So if you want to PM me, or post something here, I'll respond to it. Maybe we can bury the hatchet.

Matt

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about since you never EVER bothered to respond to me so how I was "made good" is beyond me???

I was forced to take a refund after about 8 months because you and the other party could no longer be bothered with my time consuming once every two months pms/emails asking for an update. I don't have the book still and there hasn't been an opportunity to replace it as another hasnt come up for sale in the last year. If "mine"( I know none of you consider it mine since I was forced to take a refund) was ever found it certainly was never offered to me.

Everyone who knows me here in the slightest knows how much my books and especially my Pedigree Avengers means to me so yes I am and have taken everything that happened to strongly. To my knowledge though, for all intents and purposes nothing has been done to find that book and get it to me. These aren't books I buy and flip. These are books I share with my son to hopefully make sure he loves this hobby as much as I do when he grows up and helps to keep it alive and strong. The fact that now 19 months after my Measly $170 book was misplaced no one has cared enough to make a decent effort to Find it for me is VERY disturbing to me.

I would love to bury the hatchet with you and everyone involved. This whole freaking thing has made me enemies with the one person I respected most on here. So tell me, in the 8 months from December 2010 to July 2011 when I was forced to accept a refund on the book, what exactly did you do and how much time did you spend tryig to find this book that I made VERY clear to you meant a hell of a lot more to me than It's value?

Wow How can you say that? That is a very bold statement! I have had a couple of dealings with Matt and talked to him plenty of times and he has always been top notch and willing to answer all my questions. To me Matt is VERY good for the hobby even without his pressing service.

Thanks for being so supportive...or whatever.

:blahblah:

And I'm passive aggressive?

I'm going to walk past you in Chicago with a beer and not give it to you this year.