• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I Catch Any Of You Doing This...

26 posts in this topic

Just the Stan Lee. The other cards are available in other auctions. They are a lot more reasonable price-wise. Plus, I seriously doubt Stan drew the sketch. It looks like Romita, but it's hard to tell with no more than there is on the card.

Just the Stan Lee. The other cards are available in other auctions. They are a lot more reasonable price-wise. Plus, I seriously doubt Stan drew the sketch. It looks like Romita, but it's hard to tell with no more than there is on the card.

Insanity. doh!

I dont understand the sketchcard collector universe, but then again... maybe they dont understand me (I've heard some of the artists that specialize in the licensed sketch card world getting as much as published comic book artists for commissions/sketches at cons)...

It seems these cards came out of packs?

Maybe the Stan one is the holiest of holies.

This is just something I never understood, I loved collecting MU and X-Men series cards back in the day but sketch cards that sell more than full commissions are just crazy :frustrated:

I ran into this a couple months ago, Pop Mhan did a full color commission on a comic for $60 ! he was selling some sketch cards a new Marvel card series for $50 and showed me on his tablet how they were going for $60-100 on ebay. It's all crazy!

It seems these cards came out of packs?

Maybe the Stan one is the holiest of holies.

I'll trade it for a couple of Kevin Maas cards...

I'll raise you three Todd Van Poppels. :baiting:

I'm sure people think the same thing about me if they ever bother looking up the prices of some of the Avengers drek I buy but im sorry, whoever is willing to pay that for one of Spideys eyes has more money than sense! :screwy:

I dont understand the sketchcard collector universe, but then again... maybe they dont understand me (I've heard some of the artists that specialize in the licensed sketch card world getting as much as published comic book artists for commissions/sketches at cons)...

Many of my artists do these cards and the official AP or 'Artist Proof' cards go for $125 each.

Matt Slays regular pull cards go for over $150. Same for Babisu etc...