• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

So having absolutely no self control I dished out and got the printer error orange red Sonja 1

I have seen these on ebay and other places and always wondered how many were done before the fellows at the press got back from coffee and noticed the ink mixture was wrong ?

Needs a pressing on back and with a couple spine ticks looks a nice 9.0-9.2 to me

===========

So here is the scan -- the orange got corrected by my scanner for some reason -Go figure its a lot more orange )

155714.jpg.1e35f4c0907209821508247a05a7b32a.jpg

Edited by gyro-1

I have not heard of this error/misprint.

Can you describe it in more detail?

I watch the red Sonja sales on # 1 a lot and I think I mentioned it in earlier pages or to wizard that a few VF #1 are orange tint instead of red

It has to be some kind of ink error at the printers

Have not seen it on the Pence

So it is clamed they printed the pence versions first -- so it must of happened in the main print run

In those days the presses were a lot more mechanical and the fellows running them didn't have computers so my guess is they went for lunch came back and the ink wasn't right But who gives a they let those issues go in the boxes ?

So 100% guess on my part but I know they exist because I have one :)

155762.jpg.843e08c24599eb6e513c2a4f6200b062.jpg

Ebay uk

Conan 23 national diamond insert

Seems hard to find :)

this one looks rough :( I think the seller has some grading problems :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conan-Barbarian-24-NDS-1st-Series-Marvel-1973-VF-Red-Sonja-National-Diamond-/131538861252?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea053bcc4

Edited by gyro-1

OMG red Sonja 9.9

the first ever must be s cgc resubmit

comic connect auction

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=616271

No way that should be a 9.9 with that off center upper staple visible on the back cover. Just my opinion. Fetched a nice price though.

$558 -- > we will see dozens of CGC red Sonja books going that way

OMG red Sonja 9.9

the first ever must be s cgc resubmit

comic connect auction

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=616271

No way that should be a 9.9 with that off center upper staple visible on the back cover. Just my opinion. Fetched a nice price though.

I would be more concerned about the top corner crunch. If that is not SCS, it reflects very poorly on the grader.