• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Songs with Comic book references

82 posts in this topic

Pop Will Eat Itself - Can U Dig It? Great tune, and has Watchmen in the video.

We dig TV we dig remote control,

We dig the Furry Freak Brothers and the Twilight Zone,

We dig Marvel and D.C., we dig Run-DMC,

We dig Renegade Soundwave and AC/DC

(Can U dig it?)

CHORUS

Bruce Wayne auf weidersehn,

Dirty Harry, "Make my day,"

Terminator, hit the north,

Alan Moore knows the score,

Riffs? Yeah! Can U dig it?

Riffs? Yeah! Can U dig it?

We dig Optimus Prime and not Galvetron,

We dig "The Leader of the Pack" and the "Do-Run-Run",

Spinderella and Bruce Lee, "The Bad and the Ugly",

"V for Vendetta" and "Into the Groovy".

(Can U dig it?)

Well, the comic book and me, just us, we caught the bus

The poor little chauffeur, though, she was back in bed

On the very next day with a nose full of pus

Yea ! Heavy and a bottle of bread !

Yea ! Heavy and a bottle of bread !

Yea ! Heavy and a bottle of bread.

Dylan said that. The comic book was Fanastic Four #27 guest starring Dr. Strange in 8.5.

Now at midnight all the agents. And the superhuman crew. Come out and round up everyone. That knows more than they do.

Dylan said that too. The agents were Nick Fury and his agents of shield which was pretty good because the song predated them by two years. The crew was the wrecking crew, Bulldozer (Henry Camp), Piledriver (Brian Calusky), Thunderball (Dr. Eliot Franklin), and Wrecker (Dirk Garthwaite).

Now at midnight all the agents. And the superhuman crew. Come out and round up everyone. That knows more than they do.

Dylan said that too. The agents were Nick Fury and his agents of shield which was pretty good because the song predated them by two years. The crew was the wrecking crew, Bulldozer (Henry Camp), Piledriver (Brian Calusky), Thunderball (Dr. Eliot Franklin), and Wrecker (Dirk Garthwaite).

Compulsory:

Watchmen%20page.jpg

We all know Rob Zombie is a huge comic book fan. And maybe it's my recent discovery of this character (don't ask why it took so long). But to be honest, I'm not sure that it really had anything to do with the DC character. But it's still my favorite Zombie song none the less :)