• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyer scamming me on eBay

153 posts in this topic

Yeah, you should be good. This is the latest scam that's become popular on eBay lately. That's happened to me three times in the last handful of months. Usually I just email them the tracking number and never hear from the buyer again.

Out the buyer, please, so we can block him.

Maybe all the boardies who care should block this seller and send them a note that they are banned from buying from (or selling to) you. BAM! :/

I made a sale last month on eBay and shipped promptly with delivery confirmation and it shows delivered July 16th. Just got a message from the buyer asking where his comic is. Seems odd since I did the shipping through eBay so the tracking number would have been sent to him so he could have easily checked himself. And now he is coming back 30 days after confirmed delivery!

Since I have confirmation of delivery am I pretty well covered?

Yup you are fine... (speaking as a buyer who's book never arrived even though it shows as "delivered" in the USPS system)

I made a sale last month on eBay and shipped promptly with delivery confirmation and it shows delivered July 16th. Just got a message from the buyer asking where his comic is. Seems odd since I did the shipping through eBay so the tracking number would have been sent to him so he could have easily checked himself. And now he is coming back 30 days after confirmed delivery!

Yup you are fine... (speaking as a buyer who's book never arrived even though it shows as "delivered" in the USPS system)

You are fine as long as the total amount paid by the buyer was less than $250

If it was more, then you would also need signature confirmation.

I was thinking about bidding this book on ebay BUT then I notice it had "private listing - bidders' identities protected"

I used the "Verify CGC Certification" and it came back "No match found"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPER-STARS-17-CGC-9-8-WHITE-ORIGIN-1ST-HUNTRESS-BATMAN-KEY-HIGHEST-GRADE-NMM-/261106351515?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccb26bd9b

DC17.jpg

I was thinking about bidding this book on ebay BUT then I notice it had "private listing - bidders' identities protected"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPER-STARS-17-CGC-9-8-WHITE-ORIGIN-1ST-HUNTRESS-BATMAN-KEY-HIGHEST-GRADE-NMM-/261106351515?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccb26bd9b

DC17.jpg

The comic is in there, did you miss out the leading zero? I suspect the number is actually stored as characters (and they have not bothered to program around this issue). Here you go:

Certification Information

Certification #: 0116441009

Title: DC Super-Stars

Issue: 17

Issue Date: 11-12/77

Issue Year: 1977

Publisher: D.C. Comics

Grade: 9.8

Page Quality: WHITE

Grade Date: 02/12/2003

Category: Modern

Art Comments: O'Neil Harris & Levitz stories

Mike Grell Juan Ortiz & Joe Staton art

Joe Staton cover

Key Comments: Marriage of Earth II Batman & Catwoman.

Origin of Green Arrow & Huntress.

Census:

See Census Info

Grader Notes: None Available

"private listing - bidders' identities protected"

- this is fine, I use it all the time. It is to protect buyers not the seller (it hides what you bought not who you bought it from).

Cheers

AJ

DC17.jpg

The comic is in there, did you miss out the leading zero? I suspect the number is actually stored as characters (and they have not bothered to program around this issue). Here you go:

Certification Information

Certification #: 0116441009

Title: DC Super-Stars

Issue: 17

Issue Date: 11-12/77

Issue Year: 1977

Publisher: D.C. Comics

Grade: 9.8

Page Quality: WHITE

Grade Date: 02/12/2003

Category: Modern

Art Comments: O'Neil Harris & Levitz stories

Mike Grell Juan Ortiz & Joe Staton art

Joe Staton cover

Key Comments: Marriage of Earth II Batman & Catwoman.

Origin of Green Arrow & Huntress.

Census:

See Census Info

Grader Notes: None Available

"private listing - bidders' identities protected"

- this is fine, I use it all the time. It is to protect buyers not the seller (it hides what you bought not who you bought it from).

Cheers

AJ

Thank You!

You are fine as long as the total amount paid by the buyer was less than $250

If it was more, then you would also need signature confirmation.

Good Advice! (thumbs u

There is a feedback tool you can use to see all the negative feedback called Toolhaus: http://toolhaus.org/

Here's Terminatorscoob:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=terminatorscoob&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

Thanks for updating this thread.

Awesome tool - thanks!! (worship)

+1 I bookmarked it too. Thanks!

I tried last night and I didn't see it either.

Idk if this happens to me, but sometimes when I go check the status of a comic I sent to them the site can move really slow and when the submission tracking page loads if it takes awhile it says no invoice found. When I tried last night to put in that number the page loaded slow and when done it said there was nothing.

That could have happened to him too idk. Trying it again now the site loading up fast I see the info now on the site.

So much garbage on Ebay...pay the extra money and get it packed right, shipped right and graded right go to the big boys..Ha, CC, CL etcx....or you get stuck with this" SCAMPIG" and his brother SCAMPIG...and his sister SCAMPIG....etc etc