• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 8-11, 2013

482 posts in this topic

I still don't what you guys are talking about when you are referring to the first floor.

What was there last year?

It's probably easier to refer to it as the main floor. The interesting thing is there is actually another large hall on the opposite side of the usual space. They had the Anime Central dealers room in that space and it would be large enough to have the dealers for WW. I imagine it must already be booked.

We will be set up in the upstairs level with Artist Alley

You sure about that? According to the floorplan you're downstairs (shrug)

I got the floor map, Looks like the artist & celebrities are upstairs & the dealers are downstairs

I got the floor map, Looks like the artist & celebrities are upstairs & the dealers are downstairs

:o

This is starting to sound like a Twilight Zone episode.

I got the updated map today, Looks like the dealers will be on the 1 st floor & the rest upstairs (that's where we will be)

I got the updated map today, Looks like the dealers will be on the 1 st floor & the rest upstairs (that's where we will be)

Did you get it online?

Look at the one I linked to a few posts up. Dealers are upstairs and Artist Alley & Autographs are downstairs (along with you guys). We've had dealers post in this thread that comics have been moved upstairs

I'm going to ignore you last I did in SD
would have been nice if you had of brought me a cold coke zero :sumo:

Don't worry, I'll hook you up in Chicago (thumbs u

(worship)

Look at the one I linked to a few posts up. Dealers are upstairs and Artist Alley & Autographs are downstairs (along with you guys). We've had dealers post in this thread that comics have been moved upstairs

Is it possible they could've changed it again?

Sure, anything is possible when it comes to Wizard. My only question would be if the upstairs hall could accomodate the thousands (tens of thousands?) of people that are there on Fri & Sat

Sure, anything is possible when it comes to Wizard. My only question would be if the upstairs hall could accomodate the thousands (tens of thousands?) of people that are there on Fri & Sat

And knowing Wizard - are they going to charge extra to get upstairs?

Is there a trend with the buyers at big cons like this? I'm curious what the average person is looking for? I'm assuming most people are looking for a select group of key books but most people are not as condition crazy like board members. Are most of the buyers just trying to complete sets and look for the books they need? Do dealers see a large number of people bringing in books to sell or are people not allowed to bring books in to sell/trade. Just curious but I'd love to hear what people have observed from past events.

Is there a trend with the buyers at big cons like this? I'm curious what the average person is looking for? I'm assuming most people are looking for a select group of key books but most people are not as condition crazy like board members. Are most of the buyers just trying to complete sets and look for the books they need? Do dealers see a large number of people bringing in books to sell or are people not allowed to bring books in to sell/trade. Just curious but I'd love to hear what people have observed from past events.

A lot of people are looking for reading material and books to fill holes, and some use it as a opportunity to inspect four & five figure books firsthand. There are plenty of people that spend somewhere in between. I'd venture to say that the folks spending a few hundred to a few thousand are the ones that make the cons successful for dealers. I can't imagine a dealer refusing someone selling/trading books as long as it isn't drek or beat to hell and the person is realistic regarding the value of said books

A lot of people are looking for reading material and books to fill holes, and some use it as a opportunity to inspect four & five figure books firsthand. There are plenty of people that spend somewhere in between. I'd venture to say that the folks spending a few hundred to a few thousand are the ones that make the cons successful for dealers. I can't imagine a dealer refusing someone selling/trading books as long as it isn't drek or beat to hell and the person is realistic regarding the value of said books

I'll be one of those looking to spend a few hundred!

I've always seen people shopping books to dealers at shows like this. I've yet to see any dealers buy/trade for what folks have, as they typically have beat up stuff that is fairly common, but I would imagine that trades do happen on occasion.

Big collections and big books do get sold/traded to dealers at this show. Just ask lhcomics about the PCH collection that walked in a couple of years ago.

Just curious but I'd love to hear what people have observed from past events.

I've been going since it was the Chicago Comic Con in 1977 at the Pick Congress on Michigan Avenue. I'd have to start a 40 page thread like the probation discussions. :acclaim:

Big collections and big books do get sold/traded to dealers at this show. Just ask lhcomics about the PCH collection that walked in a couple of years ago.

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

but you do not see as many coming in to shows now.

When I go to a show I have my want list always with me. I also go by the philosophy that you can never have enough keys. Well that I like anyway.... :)