• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 8-11, 2013

482 posts in this topic

Have heard from one dealer that the comics/retailers are being moved to the second floor.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Seemed odd to me.

This show IS the comics/retailers. What would be left on the first floor? In years past Artist Alley has been moved around, but I can't see that as being an issue, plus AA would be easier to move if it were.

I didn't hear that

Me too!

I live near that convention and I recalled there was few enormous spaces. One big empty space is for people standing on many long columns before entering the convention. I am very sure those big space rooms can be extended on the first floor without a problem. I have attended there since 2009.

All I know is that all CGC graders grading books, panel discussions, VIPs and Matt Nelson pressing countless comic books were upstairs last year. Artist alley and exhibitions should be on the first floor.

Dealers will be on the 2nd floor, 100% certain. C U there.

I am kind of surprised! I live near that place and have attended there since 2009.

So go upstairs to avoid zoo things downstairs, huh?

What's about CGC booth? Go and back forth?

Little illogical thing?

Seems a little symbolic to be moving the comics and creators upstairs and leaving the "celebrities" on the first floor. I doubt that Wizard is unaware of what this move could be read as implying.

Seems a little symbolic to be moving the comics and creators upstairs and leaving the "celebrities" on the first floor. I doubt that Wizard is unaware of what this move could be read as implying.

I think they're fully aware. IMHO they want to be looked at like the SDCC and want to ghettoize the comic book portion of their conventions.

I think they're fully aware. IMHO they want to be looked at like the SDCC and want to ghettoize the comic book portion of their conventions.

They need to get some decent exclusives if they want that. :ohnoez:

They will also need to get Marvel/DC/Indies for that also.

Agreed. They've been putting more emphasis on the non comic book media stuff for several years now.

Waaaay back when, the whole convention was on the second floor for a year or two. If they want to bust out the comics and AA to the second floor that's just fine with me. It'll keep that two mile long line for Norman Reedus and the THREE mile long line for Stan Lee out of our hair, lol

Maybe even try to get the big 3 there. Hell with exclusives.