• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 9.8 - $86K

32 posts in this topic

When I had my 9.4 copy graded in 2004 there were only five 9.6s and mine was the 12th 9.4 copy. Wonder how many of those are still in the original slab?

And I would have guessed the 9.8 would be $200K at least. Someone got a bargain! :applause:

My money is in cash waiting for the eventual collapse of the US markets.

You mean I won't be able to trade my Stan Lee signed copy of Night Nurse #1 for food? (shrug):ohnoez:

Yeah, and after the health care reform you'll be lucky to find a nurse much less a night nurse. They'll say your broken leg costs too much to fix and send you home to die. :insane:

I dont think cash will be much help in that scenario. If thats what you're waiting for, i'd put my money in automatic weapons and ammo (thumbs u

You mean I won't be able to trade my Stan Lee signed copy of Night Nurse #1 for food? (shrug):ohnoez:

Yeah, and after the health care reform you'll be lucky to find a nurse much less a night nurse. They'll say your broken leg costs too much to fix and send you home to die. :insane:

Now I feel even better... :sorry:

This is true. I went out and married my ER Night Nurse, so when it finally crashes down, I've got my own medical care locked in.

This is true. I went out and married my ER Night Nurse, so when it finally crashes down, I've got my own medical care locked in.

Yeah...I did the same thing. She usually gives me the "get over it" diagnosis and treatment. :roflmao:

I figured the book would go for around $90k which is right around what the 9.6 copy fetched a while back. Based on all the other high grade sales of this copy, this seems to be the 'right' price. Maybe a touch shy.

I would think that anybody would really wanted a high grade Avengers #4 would have bought one of the 9.6s by now. WIth all the 9.6 copies that have been for sale lately, I suspect that took a number of collectors out of the buying pool.

I remember a few years back when 9.4 and 9.6 copies of Showcase #4 sold around the same time. The 9.4 copy sold first for $160k. 8 months later, the 9.6 didn't realize all that much more at $179k.

For books in this stratosphere, I think many collectors can live with a 9.6. Or in the case of the Showcase #4, a 9.4.

I would think that anybody would really wanted a high grade Avengers #4 would have bought one of the 9.6s by now. WIth all the 9.6 copies that have been for sale lately, I suspect that took a number of collectors out of the buying pool.

I suspect you are correct. These 9.8 copies have only come out of the woodwork recently. Six months ago, 9.6 was the best you could get. That said, I still believe there would be someone out there who would pay at least $100K for a 9.8 copy.