• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting price gouged, i feel like i need a shower...

320 posts in this topic

It's not a big deal. I just find it funny. I lurked for over a year before I started posting. I love the guys that come on with guns a-blazing. I just like them to be relevant, interesting or super-dumb. All of those lead to entertainment.

This thread isn't as entertaining as what ended up in the bowl this morning.

Here are some suggestions on how to make up that "price gouge" $20:

(1) Work a couple more hours next week.

(2) Negotiate better allowance for security duty in Mom's basement.

(3) Sell copper wire out of high end blow up doll.

(4) Bet a nurse practitioner $20 on how high your standing BP is.

I agree, especially with the first part. First impressions last a long, long time.

My first response to reading the OP was :facepalm:

It was suppposed to be a little funny, hence the title about "needing a shower" and a minor vent that apparently got WAY out of hand.

It's Friday. It was bound to happen. The forum just needed the impetus, which is where your thread comes in (thumbs u

Then lets consider your thought process for a second.

I wonder if you can see the discrepancy between

i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll

AND

future reference, this is not the prefered way. thanks

Buddy,thats texbook condescending and it negates the other line.

actually, when creating it, i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll" thread but it would seem several individuals are not capable of interacting with people with any consideration of others.

anyway if a moderator exists please just delete this whole thread. i have no interest in getting my balls busted by anonymous internet tough-guys who think it's more fun to sit behind a computer screen and belittle me than have the decency to be polite.

to the few that were actually considerate thank you.

It's apparent you're having a difficult time interpreting the responses you have gotten in this thread.

As I mentioned in my inital response earlier, you really don't need to be so thin skinned. Especially when you're communicating via an anonymous internet posting forum.

From what I see, I don't think you've been "belittled." Teased? For sure. But who hasn't when they've first joined a group or club? Especially when you're a "newbie!" The secret is to either ignore the shannagans and move on or boomerang it back with some "good natured" jousting yourself. ;)

I'm willing to bet that 99.99% of the members of this fine CGC comic book forum are regular people who come here to share a commradery of sorts. Why are you here? The same reason I am. Because I absolutely love collecting comic books!

Look at is if you're getting "jumped in" as part of a gang initiation! lol! lol

Anyway, time to focus on comic book collecting. Share your collection with the group. Post photos. Be active as your time permits.

This is a GREAT hobby we're all in. Enjoy it to the most! (thumbs u

Then lets consider your thought process for a second.

I wonder if you can see the discrepancy between

i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll

AND

Buddy,thats texbook condescending and it negates the other line.

when you get punched you don't punch back? in the second thing you quote from me, without quoting what i was responding to you sort of lose the context.

when you get punched you don't punch back? in the second thing you quote from me, without quoting what i was responding to you sort of lose the context.

This is Exhibit A!

Let it go. You're fanning the fires.

If not, bommerang back a zinger! Surely, you have a sense of humor. :juggle:

Don't hide it from us. Share with us!

It's apparent you're having a difficult time interpreting the responses you have gotten in this thread.

As I mentioned in my inital response earlier, you really don't need to be so thin skinned. Especially when you're communicating via an anonymous internet posting forum.

From what I see, I don't think you've been "belittled." Teased? For sure. But who hasn't when they've first joined a group or club? Especially when you're a "newbie!" The secret is to either ignore the shannagans and move on or boomerang it back with some "good natured" jousting yourself. ;)

I'm willing to bet that 99.99% of the members of this fine CGC comic book forum are regular people who come here to share a commradery of sorts. Why are you here? The same reason I am. Because I absolutely enjoy collecting comic books!

Look at is if you're getting "jumped in" as part of a gang initiation! lol! lol

Anyway, time to focus on comic book collecting. Share your collection with the group. Post photos. Be active as your time permits.

This is a GREAT hobby we're all in. Enjoy it to the most! (thumbs u

you have been nice, your responses helpfull and well thought out. i'm not sure i've had difficult time interpreting the responses. a lot of them, seem to be pretty snarky to me. maybe you are right and it's just teasing, but i can't say i apprecaite that much more than being belitted when the OP was supposed to be a pretty light hearted rant with a little humor.

oh well i do have thin skin. maybe it's because i quit smoking cigarettes.

Good for you. I quite like a month or so ago, and I've managed to stop punting the dog around the back yard when someone cuts me off in traffic. So I know how it goes being on edge. Keep it up.

Good for you. I quite like a month or so ago, and I've managed to stop punting the dog around the back yard when someone cuts me off in traffic. So I know how it goes being on edge. Keep it up.

thanks, i have cats not dogs. they have felt my wraith also.

Look is it really so hard to comprehend ?

Youre a newb.

I was a newb not too long ago and i got plenty ribbed or made fun of.

Just be nice and you'll get quicker to where you wanna go.

You WILL find out that most people here are indeed awesome and unbelievably knowledgeable.

Like everywhere in life,there are azzholes.

But dont be a Deniro when you first come into a room.

And please dont do the prefered way thing.

Or youll be wasting your own time.

And then youll have to change that Wolverine to a Mr.Bean,know what im sayin ?

Oh, and the next time you start a thread, can you please also indicate how you need us to respond?

It'll help smooth the waters. (thumbs u

Exactly. The proper response would have been

"Andy, you don't look fat in those jeans."

But what if you do?

Whoa.

But dont be a Deniro when you first come into a room.

I love that line, I'm gonna keep it.

36k0pb.jpg

Yeah i thought someone would so i got it registered at the Library of Congress.

I get royalties.

lol

Although i have to split them with DeNiro.

That's ok, it'll totally be worth it.

Census shows only 98 in 9.8...

Re-read this twenty times and tell me what's wrong with what you just said.

Enjoy the books, though! Glad you nailed it.

I'm not entirely sure, I think you are saying that 98 of these books is a lot and it would be easy to get? That seems like a really low number to me and I assumed they don't come up for sale too often. I figured there are more than 100 people in the world trying to put together the same run of 9.8 Wolverine coimcs that I am (shrug)

Or is that not what you mean?

It's not that big a deal to overpay on a book under 50 bucks....I guess it is if you pay 49 for a 2 dollar book. But if you want a book and havent seen many overpaying by 10/15, çest la vie.