• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Should not last long', 'Can't believe this is still for sale'

47 posts in this topic

Posts I love to see go away in the Comics Market section . . . .

What the poster is really saying is, 'I own a copy and I hope your overpriced copy sells in order to get a comparable price for my copy that makes me feel good.

If you are interested in a comic book and see that kind of comments being posted, walk away.

What the poster is really saying is, 'I own a copy and I hope your overpriced copy sells in order to get a comparable price for my copy that makes me feel good.

If you are interested in a comic book and see that kind of comments being posted, walk away.

This is probably true in some cases, but in others I think that the posters truly believe a book is being offered at an exceptional price. There are some pretty good deals to be had on these Boards every now and then.

I just recently posted "shouldn't last long" for the AF15 for sale on the boards

I don't own a copy of the book. I just knew it wouldn't last long. And it didn't...it sold within the hour.

What is wrong with that? I'm not trying to influence anyone.

If I say it, I mean it. More often than not, it's a book I would love to have and simply can't afford. Sometimes it really is a great deal but just something I'm not interested in. And once in a great while, I'll add something like that just to bump a seller that has been good to me in the past, they were goo do t me and if I can't buy again, I'll at least bump them so maybe someone else can.

Wow. That's some pretty bad advice right there.

I've seen lots of books for a good price, and the only reason I think "shouldn't last long" or "can't believe this is still for sale" is because lots of times, I'd like to take advantage of it, had I not already gotten the book elsewhere.

Last week, Frank Bearse had several books like that, that were 25% less than going rate, as well as 25% less than what I paid for my same book. They didn't move here, but they will move on Ebay - for more than what he had priced out here on the boards.

Wow. That's some pretty bad advice right there.

I've seen lots of books for a good price, and the only reason I think "shouldn't last long" or "can't believe this is still for sale" is because lots of times, I'd like to take advantage of it, had I not already gotten the book elsewhere.

Last week, Frank Bearse had several books like that, that were 25% less than going rate, as well as 25% less than what I paid for my same book. They didn't move here, but they will move on Ebay - for more than what he had priced out here on the boards.

. I agree, I'm sure there are some attempts at shilling, but most often, when I see this and then check gpa I find that the book is being offered he for a significant discount to the market price.

I just recently posted "shouldn't last long" for the AF15 for sale on the boards

I don't own a copy of the book. I just knew it wouldn't last long. And it didn't...it sold within the hour.

What is wrong with that? I'm not trying to influence anyone.

I did the same thing yesterday in the marketplace with a book that I don't own and have no intention of buying.

I didn't realize this would be suspected as shilling.

Less competition for the rest of us. There is no collusion in threads like that. Maybe a bit of peer pressure or an encouragement to check the notes on sales...

I remember when PeterLovesGwen offered a copy of Amazing Spider-man 2 Universal 9.0 for $5,000 (?).

Was that shilling when people said that the book may not last long? I tossed and fought the itch to buy it because I knew it was steep discount in comparison to what the book commands as I was saving for something else.

A 9.0 just sold on eBay for over $8,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-CGC-graded-9-0-with-White-pages-/150852928989?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item231f8905dd

So why is Little Richard asking if I want some of my comics pressed? :o

What!???!!! Seriously???!!??//like...really?

Someone's name is "little richard"??? :(

Pobrecito....