• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN LIVE

9 posts in this topic

Just saw it in Anaheim. I thought it was a let-down. At $120/per ticket I was expecting...I dunno...real theater, I guess.

I thought the acrobatics/wires/fighting were all fairly dull. If you've been to a middling circus or a Vegas-esque show in Reno, then you've seen it already. The enormous video screen was simultaneously gorgeous and somehow distracting. And the dialogue all came across like something akin to a video game cut-scene--just filler before they roll out the next dazzling set piece.

Not horrible, but not great either. Lower your expectations, bring the kids, throw down a few beers and it'll probably be better.

(shrug)

Oh, and the Honda Center was configured to about 60% capacity (not even counting the upper level which wasn't sold) and was less than half full. Huge sections of empty seats. That sucked a lot of the energy out of the show.