• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I think the tv series sucks already. I tried to keep watching but couldn't make it. I read to issue 97 with the comics which was also painful.

We are over the hump, I believe - people are starting to drift away into other interests, the next hot thing, etc. It's not going to go away overnight, but the marketplace is ready for people to go bat*spoon* crazy over something completely different.

My guess is that we are going to see a resurgence of "alien/scifi" stuff - Mars is in the news constantly (with the Reality Show colonization project), we've found two Earth-sized planets in our galaxy, people love Saga, Star Wars is getting a boost to the entire franchise and Thanos' movie tie-ins are going to be bringing the cosmic Marvel tales to the forefront.

I'd be putting my money on scifi, if I were into buying the next "hot" thing people are going to freak out over.

I like scifi,and you have very good points, but if I had to bet

I am putting my money on this kind of sword and sorcery type of genre.

Even if we know the print run was 7000 something...That does not take into account books that were thrown out or had defects off the rack. So black vs.white does not matter as much as how many are left in high grade 9.6 or better then how many whites and black labels out of that is the question?

Even if you say 10 or 20 % were either damaged on the rack/ mishandled or beat up or chucked out now you are looking at 6300 to 5600. (shrug)

I find it hard to believe that some don't think there is speculation in the current market. Just because a book has a print run of 50k, doesn't mean there are 50k readers out there willing to buy the book. More and more I see sellers offering 20 different copies of this or 20 different copies of that. Sure, it's not the same as speculators buying 200 copies of a book, but it's still speculating, just on a smaller scale. You didn't see many speculators buying 20 copies of WD1 when it came out - but just about every Image book coming out today, more and more people are buying thick stacks of #1s. 2c

Walking Dead 1-6 will always be in demand.

No Doubt.

But if it turns out to be a couple dozen dudes who "demand it" they'll be used as doorstops and drink coasters. lol

Going to agree. I think in 5-10 years, a 9.8 is going to be worth double what it is now.

You think this is a $5k book when the TV show is gone and the series may have reached it's end? With 550+ in 9.8 and above and rising?

It's ok if you do, that's fine, but there have been some REALLY popular series in the last twenty years that set the universe on fire in their day and are almost entirely forgotten now.

Going to agree. I think in 5-10 years, a 9.8 is going to be worth double what it is now.

You think this is a $5k book when the TV show is gone and the series may have reached it's end? With 550+ in 9.8 and above and rising?

It's ok if you do, that's fine, but there have been some REALLY popular series in the last twenty years that set the universe on fire in their day and are almost entirely forgotten now.

What is the GPA on a 9.8 Walking Dead #1 right now?

What is the GPA on a 9.8 Walking Dead #1 right now?

$1946 is the 12 months average.

The case for the Limited Edition Blu-Ray for Season 3.

And yes...the heads float...

297952_654601277899367_1489186522_n.jpg

Link to the pre-order.

Price just dropped by $30 in the last hour or so.

I bet the show won't last past season 5 or 6. I felt like everyone got new clothes & haircuts right before season 3 started. I went back to re-watch some of season 1, and that eerie/gritty feeling is mostly gone.

As for Walking Dead key issues, I feel their value might drop here and there, but the demand will always be there for #1-3, #19, & #27.

Edited by AmazingComics413

I bet the show won't last past season 5 or 6. I felt like everyone got new clothes & haircuts right before season 3 started. I went back to re-watch some of season 1, and that eerie/gritty feeling is mostly gone.

As for Walking Dead key issues, I feel their value might drop here and their, but the demand will always be there for #1-3, #19, & #27.

In the comic, the Governor story line was by far the best. After that it seemed like a struggle to come up with something even remotely worth reading. Abraham was the only saving grace to the comic story.

The TV series is about to have a hard time keeping the viewers starting with the next season, IMO.

Oh yeah, my favorite Walking Dead story:

Before WD exploded, some friends and I went to the Baltimore Convention in 2005. I was collecting Green Arrow sketches at the time and my friends were really getting into zombies. We split up to all go do our own thing. Later, a couple of my friends pull out these zombie sketches. It wasn't the best piece of art I've seen, but still cool. They said "You should go get one, it's not by the artist that draws the book, but the writer seems like a really nice guy and did these sketches for us."

I never went to meet Robert Kirkman and get free sketches/autographs. doh!

Edited by AmazingComics413

Oh yeah, my favorite Walking Dead story:

Before WD exploded, some friends and I went to the Baltimore Convention in 2005. I was collecting Green Arrow sketches at the time and my friends were really getting into zombies. We split up to all go do our own thing. Later, a couple of my friends pull out these zombie sketches. It wasn't the best piece of art I've seen, but still cool. They said "You should go get one, it's not by the artist that draws the book, but the writer seems like a really nice guy and did these sketches for us."

I never went to meet Robert Kirkman and get free sketches/autographs. doh!

I've seen Kirkman's sketches....as a sketch artist he makes a GREAT writer.