• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Did AF 15 Burst Yet...?

Ooooh, good point.

Perhaps we should also debate the relative longevity of the Rolling Stones compared to Vanilla Ice? hm

lol

In all seriousness, it's hard to compare any modern to AF15, FF1, TOS39, JIM83, etc.

However, the Walking Dead #1 is not going to fade away into obscurity like Vanilla Ice. And, the comparison is not fair because honestly...Vanilla Ice was drek and Walking Dead is quality material. Just to keep the analogy going a little...

I'm not a soothsayer so I won't go out on a limb and say definitively that WD #1 will continue to be the modern equivalient of keys of the past....but I do believe this comic will have longevity.

My 2c

The other thing folks haven't really delved into is that there's a fascination with zombies going back all the way to "night of the living dead"....

People have "zombie marathons" where they dress up in full zombie attire and run.

Lots of events and such featuring zombies...in fact there's an entire subculture dedicated to the genre.

Walking Dead is the answer to their craving for more zombie material...and instead of waiting years in between questionable movies they have the opportuntiy to watch it every season with multiple episodes that are considerably more 'realistic' than the movies IMHO.

None of this means WD will keep it's value, but if it's got a devoted following both on television and in the comic world it'd be hard to think it wouldn't have any value years from now.

Someday it'll no longer be "a modern comic". It'll be the equivalent of some Silver or Golden or Bronze age....and the comics of that time if there are any paper comics left will be considered "modern". The print run remains the same and the past interest would have already been in effect.

It would have to be considered one of the "more" valuable offerings when you compare it to other things published at the same time. Once again, doesn't mean it'll be a 2 or 3K comic....but even some really obscure golden age stuff that not many people are after has a value that's greater than most current moderns.

Felt like I had to catch up on this thread and...christonabike. :facepalm:

Will the Walking Dead bubble burst?

Yes, it will.

Will WD #1 therefore become $5 bin fodder?

No, it won't.

The truth will lie somewhere in-between.

But as for some of you froth-mouthed WD #1 zealots...for your family's sake, I hope you're not actually in charge of anything. :eek:

IQ1KypN.gif

I'm not a soothsayer so I won't go out on a limb and say definitively that WD #1 will continue to be the modern equivalient of keys of the past....but I do believe this comic will have longevity.

My 2c

I think that is the first time I've seen someone use "Soothsayer" in a conversation. Well done :golfclap: