• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

It looks like there has been a pattern this month where 9.8's are going down from the 2k solidified price point of back to back years. This month average has been 1.7k while the latest sale is $1,687. Things could steady out, but the days of this being a 2k book could be over.

At this point, the interesting part of the whole walking dead phenomenon isnt the book itself going for thousands and is now on its way down, it's how many people chased every single image #1 issue after walking dead hit it big, and have been burned 100% of the time. Just crazy.

That's the same story for anyone that's bought a modern "hot" book after it became hot. People just never ever learn.

100% of the time, really?

Hey, everyone! All those EoW, Saga, PP, and Manifest Destiny #1s you are holding are really only worth cover, this guy says so! Never mind what eBay, the selling forum here, and other comic sales sites say!

If you want, I will be glad to take them all from you for cover price...

;)

-slym (knows those four aren't the only ones, but they came to his mind first)

I think it's declining and here's why,

A few months ago I picked up the entire run as leverage in a

trade and ever since then it's been snore-fest 2014! ( That's Murphy's Law )

I tried reading the series and couldn't get past issue # 7 before losing interest.

Don't get me wrong, I like the zombie genre, I enjoy Afterlife with Archie a lot.

I tried reading the series and couldn't get past issue # 7 before losing interest.

Don't get me wrong, I like the zombie genre, I enjoy Afterlife with Archie a lot.

One run, one person not enjoying it and Murphy's Law... thanks for clearing that up. :baiting::foryou:

What's behind the statements? I'm not saying that you aren't looking at the right direction of things, just wondering what it actually is that makes you think the demand is falling off? More and more getting graded to saturation of the high end market? The market slowing as a whole? Decline in the number of fans? The sparkle fading given enough time, been there done that? There are a lot of people who have read past #7 and still do so do we leave the story out?

One run, one person not enjoying it and Murphy's Law... thanks for clearing that up. :baiting::foryou:

What's behind the statements? I'm not saying that you aren't looking at the right direction of things, just wondering what it actually is that makes you think the demand is falling off? More and more getting graded to saturation of the high end market? The market slowing as a whole? Decline in the number of fans? The sparkle fading given enough time, been there done that? There are a lot of people who have read past #7 and still do so do we leave the story out?

yawn

:eyeroll:

It looks like there has been a pattern this month where 9.8's are going down from the 2k solidified price point of back to back years. This month average has been 1.7k while the latest sale is $1,687. Things could steady out, but the days of this being a 2k book could be over.

The most recent eBay sales for April are $1971, $1877, $1950, and $1895. Those two sales last month in the $1600's were both from the same seller advertising the same CGC certification # in both listings, but with the picture having the certification # photoshopped out. I doubt one or both of those were real sales. (shrug)

As far as I can tell, the last 7 sales for #1 in CGC 9.8 on eBay are $1920, $1800, $2350, $2200, $2000, $2050, and $1975. The sale before that at $1250 was most likely bogus since the seller got negged for not delivering the book.

Edited by apollobuzz

As far as I can tell, the last 7 sales for #1 in CGC 9.8 on eBay are $1920, $1800, $2350, $2200, $2000, $2050, and $1975. The sale before that at $1250 was most likely bogus since the seller got negged for not delivering the book.

Yes that was a bogus sale. The book is on solid ground in the $2k range to be sure. But you left out the heritage sale for over $3.3k. What the f- was up with that ?

-J.

Yet, one won't even sell on here for $1,600...

(shrug)

Yet, one won't even sell on here for $1,600...

(shrug)

There is obviously more demand for this book away from these boards. I have sometimes made double on the bay on some books offered first here on the boards with no takers. My guess is that (like me), many sellers on these boards are willing to sell to other boardies at less than market value on some books. However, (like me) many boardies also want to purchase at WAY less than market value so will pass on some good deals. (shrug)

Yes that was a bogus sale. The book is on solid ground in the $2k range to be sure. But you left out the heritage sale for over $3.3k. What the f- was up with that ?

-J.

Yeah, that Heritage sale is definitely an outlier. Something about "a sucker and his money are soon parted" perhaps.