• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Seeing the newbs make JC apoplectic has been as refreshing as a delicious lime sorbet on a sultry Summer night.

I was hoping that he'd come back with some more observation, but he either found something else to do, or is face down on his keyboard due to a brain embolism.

is he important here?

Seemingly not.

As far as a bubble, the popularity of the zombie genre will keep The Walking Dead from suffering a similar fate as that of the Beanie Baby where there was just an absolute falling off of a cliff. (IE- a $5,000 beanie at one time now selling for $100 or less)

Yep, zombies are more popular than stuffed-animals and far less common.

As far as a bubble, the popularity of the zombie genre will keep The Walking Dead from suffering a similar fate as that of the Beanie Baby where there was just an absolute falling off of a cliff. (IE- a $5,000 beanie at one time now selling for $100 or less)

lol

Seeing the newbs make JC apoplectic has been as refreshing as a delicious lime sorbet on a sultry Summer night.

I was hoping that he'd come back with some more observation, but he either found something else to do, or is face down on his keyboard due to a brain embolism.

55w3ZcT.png

.... err seriously though the modern board insurgence is getting pretty moronic now. I would also have actually been interested to see this thread continue in a better semblance of disorder. :preach:

e943_zombie_monkey_plush-550x699.jpg

best of both worlds

OK.

e943_zombie_monkey_plush-550x699.jpg

best of both worlds

:takeit:

is he important here?

Are you? :baiting:

I had three #1's in 9.8 condition and just sold one last week for $2,100. The comic is still selling strong and will most likely continue to stay strong for a long time. For the last two years I have heard numerous people claiming the comic will go way down in value. Thank god I never listened to them.

I just spent an hour reading some of this thread and I'm surprised how some people really hate this comic. There are some people who are really pissed that it's worth so much which is very bizarre. You would think comic collectors would all hope that the Walking Dead continues to increase in value and the show becomes more and more popular.

Guys the walking dead actually helps the entire comic market. I can't understand why some people hate the success and continue to attack posters that claim the comic's value might rise. The walking dead TV show is a HUGE hit. It's popularity continues to increase and there is no sign that this will not continue. I work for the Federal Government and work with over 100 people. Pretty much every one of them watches and loves the show. Men, women, old people, young people, pretty much everyone watches and likes this show. I can't think of any other show that appeals to so many different groups of people.

In closing the Walking Dead is a top show that will most likely continue for many years. People enjoy the show and IMO pretty much every comic collector should be happy. We actually have one of our comics dominating on TV. This will bring more people to our hobby. The comic is becoming more popular every year and with the low print run of the #1 issue it will most likely remain a big ticket item for years to come(IMO). It's really odd that a comic collector would be hoping for the comic to tank. I have seen a handful of posters always claiming it will and getting upset if anyone disagrees with them. If some people don't think the first issue is a good investment that's fine. Nobody is making you purchase it.

Edited by raybowles

is he important here?

heavens NO!

Just now. BOOM!!!

WRONG! Beanie Babies were once popular. That means they will always be popular! No bust for Beanie Babies! :sumo:

Thank god! I'm almost ready to sell them to buy my Action #1. I'll have to tell my mom they were a good investment after all.

I had three #1's in 9.8 condition and just sold one last week for $2,100. The comic is still selling strong and will most likely continue to stay strong for a long time. For the last two years I have heard numerous people claiming the comic will go way down in value. Thank god I never listened to them.

I just spent an hour reading some of this thread and I'm surprised how some people really hate this comic. There are some people who are really pissed that it's worth so much which is very bizarre. You would think comic collectors would all hope that the Walking Dead continues to increase in value and the show becomes more and more popular.

Guys the walking dead actually helps the entire comic market. I can't understand why some people hate the success and continue to attack posters that claim the comic's value might rise. The walking dead TV show is a HUGE hit. It's popularity continues to increase and there is no sign that this will not continue. I work for the Federal Government and work with over 100 people. Pretty much every one of them watches and loves the show. Men, women, old people, young people, pretty much everyone watches and likes this show. I can't think of any other show that appeals to so many different groups of people.

In closing the Walking Dead is a top show that will most likely continue for many years. People enjoy the show and IMO pretty much every comic collector should be happy. We actually have one of our comics dominating on TV. This will bring more people to our hobby. The comic is becoming more popular every year and with the low print run of the #1 issue it will most likely remain a big ticket item for years to come(IMO). It's really odd that a comic collector would be hoping for the comic to tank. I have seen a handful of posters always claiming it will and getting upset if anyone disagrees with them. If some people don't think the first issue is a good investment that's fine. Nobody is making you purchase it.

:blahblah:

Is this Robert Kirkman?

is he important here?

heavens NO!

Me neither. :acclaim:

Just now. BOOM!!!

WRONG! Beanie Babies were once popular. That means they will always be popular! No bust for Beanie Babies! :sumo:

ugh what do you even do with beanie babies?

I have three boxes I just don't know what to do with :pullhair:

Just now. BOOM!!!

Some may say what do you even do with comic books in plastic? You can't even read them. I have never understood collectibles. And yet I can't get enough of them.

Just now. BOOM!!!

Give them to the 5 year old girl who's supposed to own them. :baiting: