• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention 23rd & 24th Feb 2013

615 posts in this topic

I haven't been since 1992. I wonder if anything has changed?

London does feel quite different now to how I remember it from when I lived there, which was 1985 through to 1991.

How far is it from London City Airport and how long will it take to get to the con? (just to get an idea about travel time)

You can throw a stone from City Airport and hit the Excel Centre - virtually next door to each other.

thank you (thumbs u

How far is it from Heathrow?

:eek:

Google maps shows about 45-50 minutes but you go right through London (they're on opposite sides of the city).

If I had to guess, I'd say just a little traffic would make for a much longer trip. Louise constantly tells me horror stories about driving in and around London.

If I had to guess, I'd say just a little traffic would make for a much longer trip. Louise constantly tells me horror stories about driving in and around London.

Never ever ever ever ever drive in London.

There is a tube station at London Heathrow airport which can get you to St Pancras international station in about 30 mins.

If you need to hire a vehicle to transport stock etc, then may your preferred deity look down upon you that day.

There is a tube station at London Heathrow airport which can get you to St Pancras international station in about 30 mins.

If you need to hire a vehicle to transport stock etc, then may your preferred deity look down upon you that day.

If I make it over I'd love to come for a few extra days to actually drive around and see the scenery.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

That sounds a bit fast for the Tube.  Isn't that the express railway link you're talking about there?

If I make it over I'd love to come for a few extra days to actually drive around and see the scenery.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Driving around is not that big of a deal as long as you steer clear of rush hour and the congestion zone. Plus there is plenty of places surrounding London worth driving to if you have the time.

For those travelling to the ExCel for the first time!!!

http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visiting-excel/travel-guide/travel-by-air/

Your destination will be Custom House for ExCeL (West) and can be found on the DLR tube line. For all information about public transport you can go here.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

I think I read somewhere that the site will be going up tomorrow. Perhaps Imran can provide a little more info?

My popcorn greamlin is ready and waiting to be put to work.

If there are VIP tickets available again this year they will be well-worth the extra few quid.

When I popped out for lunch on the Saturday, the cheap-seats line was still massive.

I would take the train.

For those travelling to the ExCel for the first time!!!

http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visiting-excel/travel-guide/travel-by-air/

Your destination will be Custom House for ExCeL (West) and can be found on the DLR tube line. For all information about public transport you can go here.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

That was a handy link as I'm planning to travel via the train, thanks mate (thumbs u

Last year in a cab it took us almost 2 hours to get to the hotel by the Excel Center. It cost 120 pounds. :( Im trying to fly into London City but the prices to fly into there are just astronomical.

Last year in a cab it took us almost 2 hours to get to the hotel by the Excel Center. It cost 120 pounds. :( Im trying to fly into London City but the prices to fly into there are just astronomical.

WOW!

I hate Taxis... most expensive form of transport on the planet!

When do you get in Jeff?