• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Marvel Key First Appearances???

147 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 169 with Brother Voodoo?

Z-MarvelSuperhero19-OK-a-3.jpg

Marvel Spotlight 12 with Son of Satan?

Z-MarvelSuperhero15a-OK-a-1.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 78 with the Prowler?

Z-MarvelSuperhero73-OK-3.jpg

Nova 1 with Nova?

Z-MarvelSuperhero17-OK-4.jpg

Strange Tales 169 with Brother Voodoo?

Z-MarvelSuperhero19-OK-a-3.jpg

Marvel Spotlight 12 with Son of Satan?

Z-MarvelSuperhero15a-OK-a-1.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 78 with the Prowler?

Z-MarvelSuperhero73-OK-3.jpg

Nova 1 with Nova?

Z-MarvelSuperhero17-OK-4.jpg

Per the original poster:

"I'm looking for key first appearances from 1970 - 1982. Key like punisher, not man-wolf."

Nova, SOS and BV all deserve to be on the list. Prowler deserves to be on the same list as ManWolf, with the Living Mummy.

Yah, Prowler was a stretch.

Nova, Son of Satan, and Brother Voodoo all definitely deserve to be on the list.

We need to rally support for these Marvel characters, no matter how obscure they seem. :shy:

I'm looking for key first appearances from 1970 - 1982. Key like punisher, not man-wolf.

I believe the Man-Wolf was/is an equally interesting character.

The Punisher’s success is largely unjustified, and even more is the price of Amazing Spider-Man #129. ;)

Why is his success unjustified?

I'm looking for key first appearances from 1970 - 1982. Key like punisher, not man-wolf.

The Punisher’s success is largely unjustified, and even more is the price of Amazing Spider-Man #129. ;)

Please explain why you think the Punisher's success is largely unjustified?

I'm not a huge fan of the punisher either. I think originally he was a cool character; a vigilante that would actually kill people, but now he has just been neutered. I was just reading daredevil 11 and they had him using rubber bullets. He's become the B.A. Baracus of the Marvel Universe.

I think Nova should be on the list.

Not sure about Son of Satan(Athough that is a hero that I enjoy)

BTW: I'm not saying the ASM 129 is not a key, just that he is not my favorite hero.

As a nova fan since issue 1 (my favorite hero), I say its about time. Been wanting a Nova T-shirt for 20 years, maybe now I can get one. I've noticed that he is becoming so popular. My son and his friends favorites are Spiderman.wolverine.iron man .hulk and Nova. Think that has a lot to do with the Spiderman cartoon but again so happy to see Nova move up from a b level super hero to just below the big guys. Still looking for the Nova to on tumbler for 2 years. Maybe now they will make a new one.

And now's still a good time to grab a Nova one while there still not too expensive.

Punisher is actually quite lame. He's just a guy with a bad attitude and a gun. I'm sure you can find that at any NRA gathering. For many years, Amazing Spider-Man #129 was collected as the first appearance of the Jackyl, not the Punisher.

DG

Punisher is actually quite lame. He's just a guy with a bad attitude and a gun. I'm sure you can find that at any NRA gathering. For many years, Amazing Spider-Man #129 was collected as the first appearance of the Jackyl, not the Punisher.

DG

I'd like to know when? I've been collecting well before 1974 when ASM #129 came out,and it's always been about the Punisher on that book. (shrug)

DG

I'd like to know when? I've been collecting well before 1974 when ASM #129 came out,and it's always been about the Punisher on that book. (shrug)

Yeah, just a guy with a bad attitude and a gun that's taken out DD, Spidey and host of others. Just a guy with a bad attitude and a gun that's had three concurrent monthly titles. He may not be your cup of tea, but he's definitely not lame.