• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I did it, I bought a Spider-Man #1 !!!

26 posts in this topic

Well, after waiting and watching, I finally did it. I broke down and bought a Spider-man 1. I know my call name is "batman_fan", but I finished that run and now want to finish my Spider-man run. I am not looking for the best of the best, just solid clean copies at an affordable price which is why I went for this one. I just paid through Paypal so hopefully late this week or early next week...

spiderman1.jpg

Well, after waiting and watching, I finally did it. I broke down and bought a Spider-man 1. I know my call name is "batman_fan", but I finished that run and now want to finish my Spider-man run. I am not looking for the best of the best, just solid clean copies at an affordable price which is why I went for this one. I just paid through Paypal so hopefully late this week or early next week...

spiderman1.jpg

that's a real nice 4.5 from what i can see. congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

gotta be exciting and comes at quite the appropriate time. get out there and see the movie if you haven't already. from the looks of things, i'm one of the few folks who hasn't seen it......... frown.gif

i've owned 3 spidey 1's but those are long stories and none ends nicely...........

I know my call name is "batman_fan", but I finished that run and now want to finish my Spider-man run.

You finally saw the light. acclaim.gif

Congrats on purchasing one of the all-time great comic books. cloud9.gif

i've owned 3 spidey 1's but those are long stories and none ends nicely...........

Did you buy any of them directly off the newstand yourself?

i waited until late tonight so as not to hijack this thread. nothing quite so cool as purchasing a truly classic comic like ASM #1 - congrats again to batmanfan 893applaud-thumb.gif

of the 3 ASM #1's i've owned, 2 were from ComicKeys and both came back from CGC as having been trimmed (as did the AF #15 that i bought from him around the same time). really too bad as the spidey's were a 7.5 and a 9.0, while the fantasy was an 8.5. too bad they were all wearing purple.as most folks know - i got my $26K back.

the other Spidey #1, as well as #'s 2-5, were sold by me just over 40 years ago to a fellow kid collector in Orange, NJ for the princely sum of Ten Bucks total!!! 893whatthe.gif

of course, i turned a handsome profit on those 5 books which were only a year or so old and cost only 60 cents. based on the rest of my ASM's, i'd have to guess they were in the 7.0-9.0 range. blush.gif

thank god that's all i sold him - and for some reason, i wouldn't part with my AF #15 cloud9.gif

Very nice, clean looking book. Good to see that you are moving back to Marvel. Perhaps its time to change your name? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

They always come back to Marvel in the end. acclaim.gifdevil.gif

I left Marvel confused-smiley-013.gif

Very nice, clean looking book. Good to see that you are moving back to Marvel. Perhaps its time to change your name? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

I think he was making some sort of toilet reference. confused-smiley-013.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

I think he was making some sort of toilet reference. confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif