• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers thread

332 posts in this topic

Well I spoke with Kent on the phone and he said the Hsu covers were sold years ago. Unclear if that meant "most" of them or "all" of them, but I don't think he has the entire series stapled to the hut, anyways ;)

The vibe Kent gave off was that it was a fool's errand but I guess I should confirm that.

Hsu really didn't have a whole lot to do with the book after the first issue. He was busy with "other projects." If the covers ever do come up for auction, I won't bother bidding against you. :)

Oh I know. It was mainly Kent and thats why I am his biggest cheerleader :). If the covers come up I already know of onebor two oa collectors who would be bidding on them so if I win any they wont be cheap :sick:

Oh I know. It was mainly Kent and thats why I am his biggest cheerleader :). If the covers come up I already know of onebor two oa collectors who would be bidding on them so if I win any they wont be cheap :sick:

Get the Canadian mafia to pay them a visit. Tell them to.. "look elsewhere."

A much needed bump! One of the great short series in copper!
Still no 9.8 quality ones as of late. :sorry: I'm still out on the hunt for a 10.0 issue 1 skeletal.

:wishluck:

You'll find it.

I'm hoping. There's still a lot of these floating around out there. The 9.9 I found was close, but no cigar. :(

I am pleased to be able to bump this thread for the holidays in "splashy" style with a new acquisition. :headbang:

http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_25234/subcat_139074/qE9DXCUC_1312131834381.jpg

qE9DXCUC_1312131834381.jpg

I like the style. A little Bernie Wrightsonish with some Mike Deotato Jr. thrown in. Not as refined as either artist, but given practice and time ...

That's a tough post for me to respond to without sounding either defensive or like a d-bag :insane:

Have you read / were you a fan of the series? It just seems like you're critiquing the art as though its a marvel try out from last week as opposed to a 25 year old Indy classic?

I love Kent's style and to me the series compares favourably in both art & story to almost any Indy from that time. As far as sword & sorcery goes, I think it's the best 11 issue run in comics. (shrug) Conan is apples and oranges but at least to me, not as compelling. The stories aren't well enough developed for me to get too excited about them.

I hope Im not misinterpreting your comments. I just find them genuinely puzzling ???

If you haven't read it - give it a try :)

That's a tough post for me to respond to without sounding either defensive or like a d-bag :insane:

Have you read / were you a fan of the series? It just seems like you're critiquing the art as though its a marvel try out from last week as opposed to a 25 year old Indy classic?

I love Kent's style and to me the series compares favourably in both art & story to almost any Indy from that time. As far as sword & sorcery goes, I think it's the best 11 issue run in comics. (shrug) Conan is apples and oranges but at least to me, not as compelling. The stories aren't well enough developed for me to get too excited about them.

I hope Im not misinterpreting your comments. I just find them genuinely puzzling ???

I wrote "I like the style". I also compared the art to 2 very good artists.

What is confusing about that? (shrug)

the confusing part is that you're suggesting that with time and practice he will improve when this is art is from 25 years ago. It comes across like you aren't aware of the context of the book or the fact that Kent didn't do much comic work besides adventurers. But its all good and as I said maybe I'm misinterpreting. I'll pm you.

We are like brothers on this matter. One of the best series I've ever read. It doesn't leave much to the imagination as far as gore goes. :)

We are like brothers on this matter. One of the best series I've ever read. It doesn't leave much to the imagination as far as gore goes. :)

Even though this was one of those series that crashed hard as part of the B&W implosion, it still brings back great memories.

:cloud9: