• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KEY Book Sale**THREAD NOW CLOSED THANKS TO TROLLS **

174 posts in this topic

Mannnnnnnn, I was eyeing up that FF #1 too

What did this guy do to get banned all the other times?

Am I safe in assuming this IS NOT someone I want to do business with then?

From what I read he changed the banner on a slabbed book. It went from purple to blue. That is what made me pause too.

I was about to make an offer on a book too!

Yikes! Bummer

My search for a decent FF #1 for under 3K continues then I guess.

AllyBat?? Is that the 90lb guy that's going to kick everyones @ss?

Could someone please fill me in ?

Apparently he isn't very popular and he isn't very good at concealing himself with new IDs.

Bluetooth seems, at least to me, to be a contributive member of this forum (shrug)

From what I read he changed the banner on a slabbed book. It went from purple to blue. That is what made me pause too.

Yikes! Bummer

You seem to know alot about Harold for a noob. hm

Apparently he isn't very popular and he isn't very good at concealing himself with new IDs.

Bluetooth seems, at least to me, to be a contributive member of this forum (shrug)

Things aren't always as they seem, Peter. It was hard to watch him try to make friends with most everyone here, knowing he was a fraud. I am glad Nick brought this out in the open.

Things aren't always as they seem, Peter. It was hard to watch him try to make friends with most everyone here, knowing he was a fraud. I am glad Nick brought this out in the open.

OK Mike. If you say this guy is no good, I trust you.

Yikes! Bummer

Longish time lurker, newb member and poster.

I like to read when I'm eating(but not books) so I've been coming to board for a while cause it gets a lot of traffic, and there are always new posts/threads to check out.

I assumed eventually I would get the business for being a new guy

How is that possible ? I'm not sure I follow... Did he do that with the scans or with the CGC label itself. Wouldn't the tampering have been evident ?

Yikes! Bummer

Longish time lurker, newb member and poster.

I like to read when I'm eating(but not books) so I've been coming to board for a while cause it gets a lot of traffic, and there are always new posts/threads to check out.

I assumed eventually I would get the business for being a new guy

(thumbs u

OK Mike. If you say this guy is no good, I trust you.

+1 My thoughts exactly...

How is that possible ? I'm not sure I follow... Did he do that with the scans or with the CGC label itself. Wouldn't the tampering have been evident ?

Good question. Here is what was said in another thread:

In his first incarnation on the boards...ECX7Collection...he got into a thing with Steve Borock as Steve wanted him to return a mislabelled book - for which Steve would fully compensate him for - that was in a Universal label instead of a Restored.

Thomas (that's actually his real name) refused. :facepalm:

Edit: Upon re-reading I'm not sure I'm following this post...

Can someone elaborate more?

Ahhh.... Is this the infamous alley-bat then?

No, it's Goonchild, mate. :hi:

Ahhhh... Thanks bro. Hope all is well on your side of the pond. (thumbs u

Things are OK for me, Michael. Hope life is good with you. :)

In his first incarnation on the boards...ECX7Collection...he got into a thing with Steve Borock as Steve wanted him to return a mislabelled book - for which Steve would fully compensate him for - that was in a Universal label instead of a Restored.

The book in question was not caught as trimmed until it hit my desk. I then put all the necessary information into the computer but, because usually a pre-grader does it and not me, I did not put "appearant" into the correct field where "universal" remained.

I just sent this to the owner:

"Can you please end this auction and send us back the book. It is supposed to be in a purple label because it is trimmed. We will credit your account for any mailing and ebay expenses you will incur. We will also re-holder it for free. Sorry about this mistake, it should have been caught before it left our building. Please pull the auction as soon as possible. Thanks, Steve Borock, President CGC"

Thanks, Tom, for letting us know about this.

Also, in the future, can someone PM myself and/or Paul Litch if you notice something like this. I know, some people still want to post publicly any mistakes we at CGC make, I am fine with that. The problem is that we do not watch the boards all day long and would like to be informed as soon as possible. Thanks!

TheWatcher posted the link in this thread but I'll post it here as well.

So just because my brain is fried a bit and moving a little slow. He had a CGCed book that was meant to be purple but there was a mistake at CGC. CGC attempted to get the book back but didn't. He then turned around and sold it as a blue label and got full price? That is pretty odd.

So just because my brain is fried a bit and moving a little slow. He had a CGCed book that was meant to be purple but there was a mistake at CGC. CGC attempted to get the book back but didn't. He then turned around and sold it as a blue label and got full price? That is pretty odd.

not odd, just criminal and shows what a scumbag this dooooosh is (thumbs u

Not odd, just deceitful.