• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KEY Book Sale**THREAD NOW CLOSED THANKS TO TROLLS **

174 posts in this topic

Can I vent about the menace of over-graded books being sold in the Marketplace yet, or has this self-policing trend not yet extended that far?

Still no? Dammit!

:mad:

Start with the over-priced and then move to over-graded. :whistle:

NO!

If you don't like the price, don't buy it and move on. (board consensus)

If you don't like the assigned grade, don't buy it and move on. (board consensus)

If the seller has been banned, threadkrap! (new world order)

I just hope the illuminati remember to hold up their end and threadkrap when other known banned members try to sell items... :popcorn:

This thread is like one big freaking family reunion :headbang:

Y'know, this has all the fixin's of a dandy little thread/contest over in General.

I believe I'm going to have to look for a nice little pile of miswrapped covers and see if folks can pick 'em out from those kinds of minimal clues.

cool idea

Dave! How's it going in the province over? :hi:

Everything is fine. Did you get that job?

CGC mistakenly gave a trimmed comic submitted by him a blue label. They contacted him and tried to get it back to fix their error, offering to pay shipping and whatnot, but he refused and sold it as unrestored. I think that was his main crime, no?

I'll admit that's pretty bad and yeah, he should have returned the comic. I wasn't trying to defend his prior actions, which apparently occurred long before I showed up. I was just stating that my interactions with him have been pleasant and I have nothing bad to say about him.

When I receive my book, I'll give it a good look over and check the cert # to make sure everything is legit. If it is, then I'm satisfied.

At one time or another, we've all done something dishonest... Some consider one a more serious offense than another but overall, they're equal. If you rip off an old lady for her comics or lie to your parents, in the grand scheme of things, they're two wrongs; both can be forgiven though.

....I was a real bum at one time....and there are still people who refuse to accept the "new" me of over 10 years. Unfortunately , that's the price we pay sometimes for straying. After I had been straightened out for 6 months, one of my sisters broke down in tears and said she was glad to have her brother back.....but she wanted to make sure it was real. At one point they wouldn't even allow me in their homes....occasionaly slipping 20 bucks through the door. Now I'll house sit for them when they're on vacation. But each situation is unique. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Glad you worked it out jimbo

Unfortunately, dealing on-line is really a leap of faith. You don't know who you're working with and returns are a pain in the beaver. Your board reputation is all you're got and so so important. If I hear even a minor complaint about someone they go onto my avoid list.

CGC mistakenly gave a trimmed comic submitted by him a blue label. They contacted him and tried to get it back to fix their error, offering to pay shipping and whatnot, but he refused and sold it as unrestored. I think that was his main crime, no?

I'll admit that's pretty bad and yeah, he should have returned the comic. I wasn't trying to defend his prior actions, which apparently occurred long before I showed up. I was just stating that my interactions with him have been pleasant and I have nothing bad to say about him.

When I receive my book, I'll give it a good look over and check the cert # to make sure everything is legit. If it is, then I'm satisfied.

At one time or another, we've all done something dishonest... Some consider one a more serious offense than another but overall, they're equal. If you rip off an old lady for her comics or lie to your parents, in the grand scheme of things, they're two wrongs; both can be forgiven though.

I don't think it's as simple as that..at least not for me. If I lie to my wife when she asks " does this make me look fat"? is not the same as ripping people off or misrepresenting yourself. Someone can be the nicest guy in the world and have never done wrong to me personally, but if they've done wrong to other people...repeatedly..I will make the personal choice to avoid doing business with them. (shrug)

Can I vent about the menace of over-graded books being sold in the Marketplace yet, or has this self-policing trend not yet extended that far?

Still no? Dammit!

:mad:

Start with the over-priced and then move to over-graded. :whistle:

NO!

If you don't like the price, don't buy it and move on. (board consensus)

If you don't like the assigned grade, don't buy it and move on. (board consensus)

If the seller has been banned, threadkrap! (new world order)

I just hope the illuminati remember to hold up their end and threadkrap when other known banned members try to sell items... :popcorn:

You forgot the last step:

Create Butthurt thread in Comics General :baiting:

....I was a real bum at one time....and there are still people who refuse to accept the "new" me of over 10 years. Unfortunately , that's the price we pay sometimes for straying. After I had been straightened out for 6 months, one of my sisters broke down in tears and said she was glad to have her brother back.....but she wanted to make sure it was real. At one point they wouldn't even allow me in their homes....occasionaly slipping 20 bucks through the door. Now I'll house sit for them when they're on vacation. But each situation is unique. GOD BLESS...

Glad you worked it out jimbo

Unfortunately, dealing on-line is really a leap of faith. You don't know who you're working with and returns are a pain in the beaver. Your board reputation is all you're got and so so important. If I hear even a minor complaint about someone they go onto my avoid list.

....I do understand that position, but as we all know....there are many collectors who seem to live for complaining. I'd hate to boycott someone because an anile buyer thought the 4.5 was only a 4.4.....GOD BLESS....

Y'know, this has all the fixin's of a dandy little thread/contest over in General.

I believe I'm going to have to look for a nice little pile of miswrapped covers and see if folks can pick 'em out from those kinds of minimal clues.

cool idea

Everything is fine. Did you get that job?

I actually still don't know! They told me they'd keep me on file for a few months, at which point I will reapply. I am determined, and I will let you know the second I do (Thumbs u Thanks again for the terrific reference letter!

cool idea

Hey Liam. How is it going out west? :hi:

:hi: Things are great, thanks! How's the weather over there? lol