• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blama Canada! *edit BLAME

102 posts in this topic

I can tell you I do NOT ship outside of the United States. It is a simple matter of logistics. I ship via US mail and once the package leaves the US; all accurate delivery confirmation and tracking stops. More than likely if a complaint is filed for an item for non-receipt via PayPal; PayPal will rule in favor of the buyer.

This is 100% incorrect.

I can tell you I do NOT ship outside of the United States. It is a simple matter of logistics. I ship via US mail and once the package leaves the US; all accurate delivery confirmation and tracking stops. More than likely if a complaint is filed for an item for non-receipt via PayPal; PayPal will rule in favor of the buyer.

I still get buyers ask me 'But why not?' even after I explain this several times. Therefore, I have this listed in all my listings, 'No international bidders. This does include Canada. There are no exceptions to this policy.'

I now ignore all questions posed in relation to this stated fact.

As to your inquiry as to whether or not if affects sales; I can assure you that I still receive top dollar for my items. Keep in mind though, that I sell most of my items on a BUY IT NOW format.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

But why not ship to Canada?

Here's one reason I won't do it.

I recently sold a book for $200. It was to a friend and that was my cost. I hand delivered the book as we met up in Chicago, so no shipping was involved. He didn't have the cash on him and asked if he could Paypal me when he got home. I said sure. Paypal charged over $8 for that transaction. I refunded the Paypal transaction and told him he could pay another way.

In my opinion, an $8 dollar fee to move $200, electronically no less, from one account to another is outrageous.

I was teasing Mint, but to address your point, if I asked you to ship to me, I would pay the extra fees you incurred. I don't have a problem with sellers requiring that I meet certain conditions before they'll ship to me, because then I can decide whether or not it's worth it for me. But I resent the blanket "no exceptions" stance that sellers take because it's irrational and it takes choices away from me.

It's not taking a choice away from you. You didn't have that choice to begin with as the item for sale is not available to be shipped to your country.

Love how you focused on the last 6 words of my post, while ignoring its main point.

It's not my fault you waited until the last six words of your post to make your main point.

The bottom line is Americans don't trust the rest of us.

End of thread.

With their economy in a downward spiral, and with the lower priced US $ giving "internationals" more buying power, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

Doesn't matter.

We don't live in The Greatest Country In The World so we are of little significance.

This is 100% incorrect.

It can't be.

He's American.

You're Canadian.

QED

The bottom line is Americans don't trust the rest of us.

End of thread.

With their economy in a downward spiral, and with the lower priced US $ giving "internationals" more buying power, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

Doesn't matter.

We don't live in The Greatest Country In The World so we are of little significance.

Thank God you people export pop music and Dr. Who.

This is 100% incorrect.

It can't be.

He's American.

You're Canadian.

QED

(tsk)

I'm very fond of the United States. And, with their profligate government spending, and money printing Central Bank policies, I look forward to the day that we own them. :devil:

This is 100% incorrect.

It can't be.

He's American.

You're Canadian.

QED

(tsk)

I'm very fond of the United States. And, with their profligate government spending, and money printing Central Bank policies, I look forward to the day that we own China owns them, and us by extension. :devil:

This is 100% incorrect.

It can't be.

He's American.

You're Canadian.

QED

We're just jealous and hate freedom.

I still get buyers ask me 'But why not?' even after I explain this several times. Therefore, I have this listed in all my listings, 'No international bidders. This does include Canada. There are no exceptions to this policy.'

I now ignore all questions posed in relation to this stated fact.

As to your inquiry as to whether or not if affects sales; I can assure you that I still receive top dollar for my items. Keep in mind though, that I sell most of my items on a BUY IT NOW format.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

Would you ship to a boardie? hm

Dosnt this describe almost all Americans ?

Snip --My biggest complaint is that I have to factor in an extra 20-30 minutes or my personal time to sit in line with all the mouth-breathers at the post office to send a package out of the country. .

Not to mention that I should get my own surcharge for having to deal with standing behind Hillybilly Jim and his halfwit kids while he orders up money orders and pays in pennies.

:)

Yes. It's just like saying all Canadians are batsh!t crazy.

:acclaim:

He is

:acclaim:

This is 100% incorrect.

It can't be.

He's American.

You're Canadian.

QED

(tsk)

I'm very fond of the United States. And, with their profligate government spending, and money printing Central Bank policies, I look forward to the day that we own China owns them, and us by extension. :devil:

meh. Paper tiger. China will be evidence of the Peter Principle as it applies to countries.

The big negatives for me with international shipping are that the affordable classes of USPS mail (First Class, Priority) can't be insured, and often take a VERY long time to arrive at their destinations. The older I get, the less I enjoy the suspense associated with 2-week transit times and the potential, irreclaimable loss of my wares and money.

If we're going to blame anyone, blame the US Postal Service for making it so damn difficult, and risky...

We've put Canada in charge of exporting honey and hockey and they've screwed both.

I get/got, my Honey from Wisconsin.

I get my honey from Watson. :luhv:

We've put Canada in charge of exporting honey and hockey and they've screwed both.

I get/got, my Honey from Wisconsin.

I get my honey from Watson. :luhv:

It hurts my soul, but I love you. lol

:shrug: Love shouldn't hurt...., much! :devil:

'mint'

You may receive top dollar because of the BUY IT NOW but how do you know that you wouldn't be able to get more or sell faster if you change your perception.

I know I have had hundreds of successful transactions with ebay buyers/sellers, board members, auction houses and almost all of them have been with Americans.

I even had one American (from Boston I believe) send me a Hulk 181 9.0 from an ebay purchase before I even sent him the money. He claimed he used to live in Canada for several years and KNEW I would pay him which I did that same day.

That was a little foolish but I was flattered non the less.

I get all my slabs shipped USPS International Priority and usually pay +- $20 for that service depending on the weight and I can track them all the way from the US to my door and visa versa. I've never lost a package and when properly boxed I have never had a cracked slab.

I know you seem to have made up your mind but I thought I would share my thoughts.

I get all my slabs shipped USPS International Priority and usually pay +- $20 for that service depending on the weight and I can track them all the way from the US to my door and visa versa. I've never lost a package and when properly boxed I have never had a cracked .

In my experiences, shipping one slab to Canada via USPS Priority is usually around $26 or $27 plus the cost of insurance. Two books are usually $33 or more.

I normally double box so I'm sure that's a factor. But I'm wondering how people are shipping up north for less without eating some of the shipping cost. Or maybe they are just eating the cost difference?