• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy

245 posts in this topic

This thread is about the potential for a good read, I felt the story might have some merit for those of us who enjoy crime - cop - redemption type storylines, with a bit of weird thrown in. Discussion is all I hoped to encourage, this is not a 'modern that is heating up' thread, I noticed it and liked the premise, do you?

I'm interested to see what Grant Morrison has up his sleeve outside the DC/Vertigo/Marvel Universe. It's been awhile...

As much I don't enjoy some of what Morrison does, I love other projects he's done and I'm really looking forward to this book. In fact, there's a number of my friends who hate Morrison's work who have pre-ordered multiple copies of this particular title and commented that they "can't wait to see what Morrison's got up his sleeves."

Edited by Nico Esq

So - issue #1 released today. Any thoughts (haven't had a chance to pick it up yet myself). The only review I've read gave it 5 stars out of 10...

Yeah, it was strange and half the dialogue was swearing. I'm not sure about it but I'm intrigued enough to want the next issue.

4 issue mini.

I'll pass.

(thumbs u

Comics are not all about speculation. You can read them you know.

Sure - and I do.

Thing is Buddy, you have read 25% of the story already and are still not decided wether to press on.

If it was a novel,it would be back in the library by now.

Thats the only problem with mini's is that they have to delivery a punchy story from page one.

Especially as this is only 4 eps,the reader has to be drawn in asap.

Just my 2c.

Each to their own.

4 issue mini.

I'll pass.

(thumbs u

Comics are not all about speculation. You can read them you know.

Sure - and I do.

Thing is Buddy, you have read 25% of the story already and are still not decided wether to press on.

If it was a novel,it would be back in the library by now.

Thats the only problem with mini's is that they have to delivery a punchy story from page one.

Especially as this is only 4 eps,the reader has to be drawn in asap.

Just my 2c.

Each to their own.

I agree with this, plus, and I might sound crazy, but if the story is amazing and I fall in love with it, I'd be upset that I only get to read 3 more pieces and its over.

I simply don't like short stories because I want more of it.

Just read this one and I liked it. The over use of swear words didn't really worry me too much because I thought it was in context. I especially liked the look of the main character and I'm looking forward to see where it goes. It's certainly a really weird premise but an intriguing one also.

With the greatest of respect, no,in answer to your question,I don't.

I do enjoy the odd 'mini-series' but I find (I think I wrote this somewhere else) if it doesn't "grab" me,then I don't continue.

Punk Rock Jesus is very good.

Alpha Girl was good.

As in 'spec' comics,they sucked!

I totally get what you are saying.

Please don't confuse 'not reading' with 'not buying'.

Many great mini/maxi books.

Vendetta/Watchmen anyone?

I really do enjoy a good book.

I prefer a good book I can sell on at a profit to pay for the ones I want to keep.

No offense meant, it's just what I do. :foryou:

Must be a good book...just got back from my LCS; NO regulars or variants to be found...but had the variant in my pull.

The person in charge was miffed; he wanted a copy, but forgot to pull one (or several) for himself...