• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy

245 posts in this topic

3 out of 4 comic store had only regular edition. One comic store had a 50 percent regular, 50 percent variant, other comic store under ordered only 5 copies, varies from store to store, state to state.Otherwise all comic store here in the bay area all sold out of happy.

Edited by HAPPY

I don't understand why people are so "paniking" about this series. Yes, I know about the TV/Film deal. I still don't get why some producer would fork out money for a series with only ONE issue out Give it a few issues (heck just finished the series, it's only 4 issues) and see if people really like it.

Everybody seems to treat this as a WD#1 :makepoint:(shrug)

I don't understand why people are so "paniking" about this series. Yes, I know about the TV/Film deal. I still don't get why some producer would fork out money for a series with only ONE issue out Give it a few issues (heck just finished the series, it's only 4 issues) and see if people really like it.

I would presume that the producer would have had long discussions with Grant Morrison and knows the whole story. He wouldn't have picked up the book, read it, and decided to make a movie. It doesn't work that way.

On the movie development news, a quote from Bleeding Cool:

"According to The Hollywood Reporter, the project is still in development and the producers have not yet approached a studio or financiers. The path to production may be eased if next month’s release of RZA’s directorial debut The Man With The Iron Fists does well. With a very promising trailer and a cast that includes Lucy Liu and Russell Crowe, We're hoping that it will".

The Man With the Iron Fists trailer

I would presume that the producer would have had long discussions with Grant Morrison and knows the whole story. He wouldn't have picked up the book, read it, and decided to make a movie. It doesn't work that way.

even if the producer knew the whole story and talked with Grant, that is STILL a BIG GAMBLE.......

Well I liked it so far but I don't see any rush going on which is going to sell it out. I think it's going to be an excellent read. (thumbs u

Not going to speculate, just going to enjoy it.

even if the producer knew the whole story and talked with Grant, that is STILL a BIG GAMBLE.......

Yes, of course it is, but so what? I don't agree that it's necessary to wait and see how the comic does over the longer term - a TV audience is a different beast. What doesn't work well in a comic might work on TV, and vice versa.

TV producers will be looking at (or discussing) a story as a whole and thinking about whether it will be good on TV. Unless it gets absolutely slammed in all the reviews (which isn't happening) I don't think they'd really give too much of a toss what the comic-buying audience thinks.

Isn't everything a gamble? I'm sure the people involved know what they're doing. No one has called this book the next Walking Dead, that's just ridiculous.