• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do we all feel about banned members selling in the Marketplace?

128 posts in this topic

Specifically, somebody who has been here many times, under many IDs, and been flung off again and again.

And yet they are currently running a high value sales thread in the Marketplace?

Are we all OK with this? (shrug)

if you won't put their name in your post, what's the point of the post?

Actually, the question is...are you happy that a previously banned member is selling in the Marketplace under a shill ID?

Yes or no?

Doesn't matter who, surely?

Apparently you missed the same memo that I did.

It depends on what they are banned for.

If they were banned for say making threats and harassing people, then I would not want to do business with that person.

If the mods banned someone because they kept talking about politics on the boards then I have no problem conducting business with that person.

If they were banned for say making threats and harassing people, then I would not want to do business with that person.

If the mods banned someone because they kept talking about politics on the boards then I have no problem conducting business with that person.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2252324#Post2252324

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2252324#Post2252324

I will assume that his money is not green then and it is a no-go to do business with him.

Specifically, somebody who has been here many times, under many IDs, and been flung off again and again.

And yet they are currently running a high value sales thread in the Marketplace?

Should've been outed 3 months ago. 2c

The Mods were approached and Mike and I confronted him directly in threads. There is also a rule against starting a thread aimed specifically at a named member.

What else can we do?

I'm running a risk of a suspension myself doing this, but posting here and selling here are different things, so I had to do it now that he's in the Marketplace.

Thank you..I do not understand why the mods would be upset with you outing a total doosh

I am sure all the board appreciates you looking out for us!

It became pretty obvious when he was shipping from England in the sales thread. He went from a Marine (with a logo) to a British Citizen, like magic.

I pmed him about a book and he mentioned how expensive shipping from England was

Wow! :facepalm:

if you won't put their name in your post, what's the point of the post?

Actually, the question is...are you happy that a previously banned member is selling in the Marketplace under a shill ID?

Yes or no?

Doesn't matter who, surely?

No!

It became pretty obvious when he was shipping from England in the sales thread. He went from a Marine (with a logo) to a British Citizen, like magic.

I pmed him about a book and he mentioned how expensive shipping from England was

Did he start the PM with 'Ello, Guvnah!' - that's the sure fire way to tell if he's a Brit.

I will assume that his money is not green then and it is a no-go to do business with him.

Apart from being a compulsive liar, he also refused to return a book to CGC that was restored and accidentally put into a blue label despite Steve Borrock promising to compensate him fully. There are numerous other incidents over his various shill IDs so I would advise against doing business with him which is why Mick is taking the step of starting a thread about him after he's started selling on the boards.

When Nick and Mike have tried to bring it to other board members attention so far, it's been largely unnoticed.

Did he start the PM with 'Ello, Guvnah!' - that's the sure fire way to tell if he's a Brit.

No it was : g'day mate let's put another shrimp on the barbie...