• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #14 should I purchase it? Look at the condition...help appreciated

13 posts in this topic

In spite of the tape...that's a pretty nice looking copy...I have not researched the $165 vs market value of what I'm assuming would grade out to CGC at least a 2.0...possibly a 2.5 or greater if they ignored the tape... (shrug)

Were you the winner?

Not a fan of the tape. Personally I would pass. There are many people out there though that would love to buy that copy. It comes down to what you personally count as major flaws and major high points on that book in coordination to your wallet.

I bought a copy about fifteen years ago that looked somewhat like that without the tape. I bought a slabbed one a couple of years ago and decided to send my original copy to also get slabbed. It came back a 3.0 Slight (or moderate) A. (I don't feel like checking right now).

On a book that is beat up like that where someone thought that a taped spine would make the book look better, they may have also thought that coloring in a worn patch or trimming a ragged edge would also be a good idea.

You never know.

Good call/link Dave! That is a nice one for technical grade for sure!

I was merely commenting on the book for what it was...it had some everything right of the tape was nice to behold...didn't mean to offend the tape-haters... :sorry::tonofbricks:(:

Tons of ASM 14s out there. Be very picky and get the copy you are happy with. :)

That's what I would do. Tons of these out there. I've always said one of the best things about ASM is that you can afford to be patient. You miss a book and there are 10 more coming down the pike.

You can pick up a 4.0 for a little more than double that and a 5.0 for triple that.

Muchnicer looking books and no tape. I'd save a little longer for a nicer book.