• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you read comics or just collect them?

Read or Collect  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Read or Collect

69 posts in this topic

been curious about this. i've meet several folks who don't actually read comics they just collect them, and infact don't own a single non-slabbed comic. i'm just wondering which there are more of here?

i'm a reader first and a collector second. if you only collect, why?

thanks

I read and collect although i do have boxes and boxes and boxes of 90's drek that have never been opened :facepalm:

i don't have boxes and boxes but i know what you mean. i actually just got around to reading the original run of spawn comics. the first 10 or so issues (maybe 12) weren't bad then it went in the crapper and i stopped by issue 20 or 24 or there abouts.

What? There's something inside of them to read? I thought they were just like baseball cards with a front and back!

atleast baseball cards have the stats on the back you can read, comics just have a pretty front and an advertisement on the back. :roflmao:

BIG TIME reader, and not just comics.

I try read one book a week, and three comics a day.

At my current rate, if I don't buy another new comic ever, I should be caught up with reading what I currently have in about 1.5 - 2 years.

You should be in the 1000 comics in a year thread.

I used to read and collect and collect and read until the boxes of nonsense overtook my apartment and pinned me to the floor, Skinner-style, where I was forced to bounce a nearby basketball to retain my sanity until I was rescued. Then I decided alcohol was far more important than funnybooks, sold off each and every comic except for like 7, and drank my way through my twenties, buying the occassional TPB or HC of something that looked interesting enough to read. Then I discovered these weird slab things and became reinvigorated to collect them in all the CGC colors of the rainbow. Now there's no turning back. The end.

At my current rate, if I don't buy another new comic ever, I should be caught up with reading what I currently have in about 1.5 - 2 years.

I didn't know there was such a thing.

I just searched that and couldn't find it.

Link?

I didn't know there was such a thing.

I just searched that and couldn't find it.

Link?

Link