• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 - guess grade before CGC

192 posts in this topic

3.5/4.0 I dont know how CGC is grading right now.

Are you saying CGC doesn't adhere to a uniform grading standard? :o

I sure hope they do!

OF COURSE they don't. There would be no reason for re-submissions if they did!

They are like a Judge in a court. May depend on how they are feeling that particular day.

Good segway into this post.

Good news and bad news.

The good news is the book got graded a 5.0. Yes thats right 5.0. Dont think anyone saw that coming.

Bad news is....trimmed. Ugh.

Dang that sucks.

Let us know if you and the seller are able to come up with a good resolution.

I was actually the underbidder on this book

Yes thats right 5.0. Dont think anyone saw that coming.

I guess those trimmed corners were a lot sharper than what we thought.

:eek:

Funny how the trim sorta jumps out now that I know that. Sure the edge still has problems, but I'm guessing it once looked much like the top edge.

Still, I would physically push people out of the way (and I can push hard :gossip: ). roaring like a maniac until everyone scatters, then walk up and buy it. I'm sure the guy behind the counter would understand and wouldn't bat an eyelash.

it sounds like its time to just fine a dealer or a site you can trust ..instead of trying to find "deals" and having to get refunds or returns ..i know this was a lesson I learned in my early days of buying ..