• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 - guess grade before CGC

192 posts in this topic

You should see how bad the trimming is on mine:

6669603565_ee32730f6c_n.jpg

I like that. Sure, it's an AF #15 so it's cool. :blahblah:

But I think that a returned copy with the top part of the cover removed on a key book is a pretty interesting piece to add to a collection. An extra bit of historical context. I hope to add one to my collection one of these days.

Don't keep it.

If you had knowingly purchased the book as trimmed then you would appreciate it for what it is, but that's obviously not what happened. It may not bother you very much right now, but in the future I'm afraid you're going to look at that purple label and have some serious regrets.

And don't chock it up to being a noob. Yes you should be more careful in the future, but ultimately it's the seller's fault for not doing their due diligence.

The seller's advice to me:

"Frankly, I think a person could rough up the edge that CGC said was trimmed and get a blue label of at least 4.0. This is one of those times that the purple CGC label doesn't seem to make any sense. "

AHHHHHH! So the guy is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

"Frankly, I think a person could rough up the edge that CGC said was trimmed and get a blue label of at least 4.0. This is one of those times that the purple CGC label doesn't seem to make any sense. "

hahahaha.. Thats hilarious! As if you would simply reply to that saying "wow! what a great idea! Nevermind that the comic was not as described, I think I'll just keep it!"

Let him do that if it's such a great idea.

So is he going to give you a refund? Will he also reimburse you for CGC costs?

That is possibly the worst thing I have ever heard

And no that would never work

No matter how hard you "rough up the edges" you won't recover the piece of the book that is missing

This seller is obviously an . Get a refund through eBay or PayPal before it is too late

update:

seller finally responded to my case - offered me a 10% partial refund. Im surprised he didnt offer it all in pennies.

He claims that nowhere in his description did he specifically include trimming as one of the things he would accept a return for - just missing or unattached pages, problem staples, cut-outs or missing pieces, tape, tear seals, color touch. I tried to explain to him, even if he did strategically omit trimming - it counts as missing pieces or cut outs, since part of the right side was cut off.

It seems obvious he knew about the trimming, or did it himself, then tried to purposefully leave it out of the description.

but im sure most of you knew that from the get go.

hopefully ebay will agree.

update:

seller finally responded to my case - offered me a 10% partial refund. Im surprised he didnt offer it all in pennies.

He claims that nowhere in his description did he specifically include trimming as one of the things he would accept a return for - just missing or unattached pages, problem staples, cut-outs or missing pieces, tape, tear seals, color touch. I tried to explain to him, even if he did strategically omit trimming - it counts as missing pieces or cut outs, since part of the right side was cut off.

It seems obvious he knew about the trimming, or did it himself, then tried to purposefully leave it out of the description.

I deal a LOT in PLODS.

He should give 20 - 25% refund. My opinion, and that is what I have done on the rare refund Issues I have ever had.

CAL who likes PLODS...

update:

Any chance you could post the actual ebay listing? Also, didn't he say that it had no restoration? clearly it does.

edit: just found the listing. The only mention he makes is that it he guarantess that there are no pieces missing. Seeing as trimming definitely gets rid of pieces, I feel like you would be covered.