• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers, add this guy to your eBay blacklist

49 posts in this topic

Add turek1933 to your lists, drama and question below:

This buyer won a not-to-expensive raw VF ASM 136 from me on Thursday night; the following morning I receive this response at 9:19AM while at work:

"Im having issues right now with me being in the hospital, I intend on

paying for the book by pay-pal when I get home. Please allow me the

time to get situated for payment. 2 to 14 days.."

I think to myself "hey no problem, I can be flexible with terms, I'll respond later", I then receive this response at 9:46AM:

"Please allow me to just cancell this transaction! As I'm having medical issues and I cannot guarantee when I'll be able to pay you for the book!!! I appreciate your understanding!!"

And another at 1:42PM:

"I asked you to cancell the transaction!! Your not responding tells me your not cooperating!"

And another at 8:00PM:

"I Repeat, Please Cancell the Transaction!!!!"

So I wake up this morning and while annoyed by this bidder's insistence I respond to ebay questions immediately, I decide I'll respond to her and cancel the transaction giving her the benefit of the doubt. But something doesn't seem right, so I go ahead and search eBay for other ASM 136s, and I check first one in the search results which was currently at $6 with an hour left. I open up the bidding history and low and behold, I deduce that turek1933 is bidding on this book by the high bidder's feedback rating being the same as hers as well as her first bid occurring in between her first and second email to me on 9/7 at 9:21AM.

So I reply:

Dear turek1933,

Wow, even being sick and in the hospital you sure have a lot of time to send repeated messages! Hope you are doing better. I find it quite suspicious that within minutes of you sending me a request to cancel the transaction, you bid on another ASM 136: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-136-GOOD-GREEN-GOBLIN-1974-/221118675676?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item337bb33adc

In fact you like the same book so much that you continue to bid on it.

Why do I feel like you are trying to weasel out of having buyers remorse?

Hope you feel better.

- ramrodcar

And i then receive this threatening response, confirming my suspicions:

Dear ramrodcar,

I've asked you nicely to cancell transaction, you insist on ignoring my requests, Well if you insist on holding me to it, payment may or may not arrive for days or even months, and feedback may or may not be in your favor for not complying. The $33.99 is alot different than an easy $10 for a book. Advice is either cancell or issues will occur!! I PROMISE!!

- turek1933

So, I know I can cancel the transaction and be done with this, but it doesn't protect future sellers since this buyer wouldn't receive a non-paying bidder strike. If I file a non-paying bidder, likely the bidder won't pay, but there is a chance they will and they'll trash my feedback and claim the book never came and open a paypal case.

If I contact eBay, is there a chance they'll side with me, cancel the transaction, and flag the buyer as a non-paying bidder? I want to stand for principal, and this person has lied and rationalized stiffing me even though they agreed to the price. I'm trying to walk through this gracefully as I don't want a headache later...

help me fellow boardies, you're my only hope.

Dear ramrodcar,

I've asked you nicely to cancell transaction, you insist on ignoring my requests, Well if you insist on holding me to it, payment may or may not arrive for days or even months, and feedback may or may not be in your favor for not complying. The $33.99 is alot different than an easy $10 for a book. Advice is either cancell or issues will occur!! I PROMISE!!

- turek1933

Fantastic!

Ebay just rolled out Seller Protection where if someone threatens you with negative feedback in order to force you to do something, Ebay will remove this feedback. I would call them immediately, and let them know this message was sent. They will make note of it, and if anything happens I have to assume they will follow through.

What a jerk!

Dear ramrodcar,

- turek1933

Fantastic!

Ebay just rolled out Seller Protection where if someone threatens you with negative feedback in order to force you to do something, Ebay will remove this feedback. I would call them immediately, and let them know this message was sent. They will make note of it, and if anything happens I have to assume they will follow through.

What a jerk!

Be careful though.

Ebay told me they would protect me from negative feedback in this kind of situation but my responses to the buyer were deemed unacceptable by ebay and the negative feedback remains.

File a NPB alert on this coward and then block him (if you have not done so already.)

If he gives you a negative feedmark on this transaction, I think eBay will look favorable at your message exchange with this pinhead. Personally, I think what you've written is appropriate and he's already admitted that he wanted the same book at a lower price.

Be careful though.

Ebay told me they would protect me from negative feedback in this kind of situation but my responses to the buyer were deemed unacceptable by ebay and the negative feedback remains.

We would never suspect that responses made by the greatest rapper in the world would be deemed unacceptable by eBay!!

I just bought a nice copy of that book at the Baltimore Con for like 10 bucks. I thought it was a score. Probably a high 7 or mid 8! It will make the perfect reader.

But yea nice detective work on your part. My wife keeps suggesting I sell some stuff on ebay but with the stories I read I don't know if I could handle that drama.

Be careful though.

We would never suspect that responses made by the greatest rapper in the world would be deemed unacceptable by eBay!!

I later googled his home address only to find out this was the fourth ebay account he had used. All of the previous one being shut down for fraud (claiming he didn't receive packages when he did). I spoke to his mother and father, both told me to go make love to myself.

Goes to show, I'd rather have negative feedback than be out money.. so glad I never sent this guy his package.

You actually called the guy's house?? If that's true, I got mad respect for that! (thumbs u

And the cell phone connected to his ebay. I am still debating if I should take the four hour drive and make him manually remove the feedback.

Once I googled his address and found out that he was similar age to myself AND had been using ebay for years to scam sellers into sending him things only to open unpaid item cases it was game on.

You actually called the guy's house?? If that's true, I got mad respect for that! (thumbs u

And the cell phone connected to his ebay. I am still debating if I should take the four hour drive and make him manually remove the feedback.

Once I googled his address and found out that he was similar age to myself AND had been using ebay for years to scam sellers into sending him things only to open unpaid item cases it was game on.

That is great. I don't know that I'd drive to his house though. That might cause some issues....

That is great. I don't know that I'd drive to his house though. That might cause some issues....

you're right. I'll just continue to use my internet-phone-calling skills to get results.

bidStart.com doesn't allow this stuff to happen to sellers. Check it out when you get a chance. Stores are free, no FVF on shipping, unlimited listings that can all be GTC, allowing up to 100 scans/photos for each listing. Nothing to lose there. :)

What about traffic? It's great to have all these incentives to be there as a seller, but no one wants to be in a ghost town with not many buyers. Especially in the comic book arena.

It's like PGX competing with CGC. Great in theory and principle, but not realistic. Is it practical for comic book sellers to ditch eBay for bidStart? I'm not ready for that.

ahh great! thanks for the responses. I'll be contacting eBay shortly and after the waiting period filing a NPB. I'll be sure to reply with any other colorful remarks I receive.

In the event this lady actually does pay for the book after the NPB and tries to pull any shenanigans, I'll be sure to take a picture of every single page for evidence and use signature confirmation. This guys got a lot of feedback as a buyer; I wonder how many other sellers he's pulled this with.

That would not be wise. I have made a phone call here and there but would not personally go to someone's home.

Be careful though.

I later googled his home address only to find out this was the fourth ebay account he had used. All of the previous one being shut down for fraud (claiming he didn't receive packages when he did). I spoke to his mother and father, both told me to go make love to myself.

Goes to show, I'd rather have negative feedback than be out money.. so glad I never sent this guy his package.

Sounds like something the police or the postal inspector might be interested in. That might catch his parents' attention. :D

That would not be wise. I have made a phone call here and there but would not personally go to someone's home.

but he left me negative feedback for no reason! Using internet phone pranking can only get me so far!

but he left me negative feedback for no reason! Using internet phone pranking can only get me so far!

A bullet to the head will get you dead.