• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Mylar Bags and Backer Board Combo

59 posts in this topic

Does hot flips ship quickly for large orders? I ordered from his eBay store before and it was quick but he didn't have the stuff I wanted, standards with fullback so I order from gerber and If I order in the morning, I'll get it in 2-3 days, I know sometimes they are out of town and stuff but has anyone ever waited more than 3 days for orders with hot flips?

Does hot flips ship quickly for large orders? I ordered from his eBay store before and it was quick but he didn't have the stuff I wanted, standards with fullback so I order from gerber and If I order in the morning, I'll get it in 2-3 days, I know sometimes they are out of town and stuff but has anyone ever waited more than 3 days for orders with hot flips?

Yep. Contact them. They'll hook you up. Jeff & Co. kick arse.

I don’t mind paying $2 more for the E.Gerber Mylites2 (board/bag combo) for $24.50 from Hotflips than if I ordered them directly from E.Gerber. I like the convenience of being able to order and track online with Hotflips and also support a member here who does a lot for the comic collecting community.

It has nothing to do with “being lazy” as someone mentioned or not wanting to make a call, it’s about getting products for a good price, fast shipping and excellent customer service from a boardie who supports our hobby. (thumbs u

:think: How do you get one of those....., ?

Note that you can get 20% off from eGerber if you have a resellers license.

Hmm... It no longer seems to be on their website.

This used to be on their website in 2010:

Retailer Pricing Available!

Special retailer pricing is available on our products.

For more information, please call

1-800-79-MYLAR

It disappeared in early 2011.

I don’t mind paying $2 more for the E.Gerber Mylites2 (board/bag combo) for $24.50 from Hotflips than if I ordered them directly from E.Gerber. I like the convenience of being able to order and track online with Hotflips and also support a member here who does a lot for the comic collecting community.

It has nothing to do with “being lazy” as someone mentioned or not wanting to make a call, it’s about getting products for a good price, fast shipping and excellent customer service from a boardie who supports our hobby. (thumbs u

You taking a potshot at me for my comments? an_nailbiter-1.gif

Granted, you can place your order with Hotflips online while you can't with E. Gerber. Score one for Hotflips.

About tracking, E.Gerber has UPS email the consumer once the package is in the system. No problems with tracking. Even.

Shipping? I'm sure Hotflips ships fast. My experience with E. Gerber is they ship within 24 hours, and the package only took 2 to 3 days tops to get to it's final destination. Even.

Customer service? I'm pretty sure both companies have exemplary service. Even.

The next point regarding "supporting the hobby" is where it becomes subjective.

E. Gerber has been in comic book preservation business since 1977. When I started collecting comics, I first went with Bill Cole. However, when E. Gerber came on the scene in 1977, I switched over. I've been loyal with this manuafacturer ever since. I've been ordering direct for decades now.

Earnest Gerber's coffee table book set, The Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel Comics, is a testiment to this individual's support of the hobby. Every Marvel enthusiast should own this pair. They're great to see all the covers, and they serve as a checklist of sorts.

bookstpjgtmcaj.gifbookstpjgtmckz-1.gif

You've informed me Hotflips is a boardie, so I can understand your loyalty. Plus, you've probably met the owners in person. I haven't. I have met Earnest Gerber at several comic conventions at his booth.

I think it's great you support Hotflips. You're loyal. I respect that.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either source where you get these comic preservation supplies. As long as they're E. Gerber, you're comic books are covered. m0117.gif

Fullback in a Mylite 2, insert book, then insert said combination into another Fullback and Super Gold Size Mylar. If there is a sexier combination to store your books, I have never seen it. Every single one of my books are stored like this, and it makes every one of them look as important as a Marvel 1. :cloud9:

Jim

Jim,

What is your cost per book to do this?

My recommendation is to buy your product from hotflips, I have bought a bunch of mylars and backing from them and been very happy with their service and product. I bought the gold/silver size mylites 2 #775M2 with the with the flap and the matching full back inserts #750FB.

I have about 2000 comics in them, they are great. My 2 cents.

Jason

I do the same thing. Works great!

You taking a potshot at me for my comments? an_nailbiter-1.gif

Granted, you can place your order with Hotflips online while you can't with E. Gerber. Score one for Hotflips.

About tracking, E.Gerber has UPS email the consumer once the package is in the system. No problems with tracking. Even.

Shipping? I'm sure Hotflips ships fast. My experience with E. Gerber is they ship within 24 hours, and the package only took 2 to 3 days tops to get to it's final destination. Even.

Customer service? I'm pretty sure both companies have exemplary service. Even.

The next point regarding "supporting the hobby" is where it becomes subjective.

E. Gerber has been in comic book preservation business since 1977. When I started collecting comics, I first went with Bill Cole. However, when E. Gerber came on the scene in 1977, I switched over. I've been loyal with this manuafacturer ever since. I've been ordering direct for decades now.

Earnest Gerber's coffee table book set, The Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel Comics, is a testiment to this individual's support of the hobby. Every Marvel enthusiast should own this pair. They're great to see all the covers, and they serve as a checklist of sorts.

bookstpjgtmcaj.gifbookstpjgtmckz-1.gif

You've informed me Hotflips is a boardie, so I can understand your loyalty. Plus, you've probably met the owners in person. I haven't. I have met Earnest Gerber at several comic conventions at his booth.

I think it's great you support Hotflips. You're loyal. I respect that.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either source where you get these comic preservation supplies. As long as they're E. Gerber, you're comic books are covered. m0117.gif

No potshots at all ... I agree, both are very good (thumbs u

With the upgrades in paper quality, is there any reason to put current books into Mylites 2? I guess people really can't answer these questions, but I'm curious...
That, and they're never going to be worth anything :P

As long as they're E. Gerber, you're comic books are covered.
thumbup.gif That's the most important point !

Thanks for the tip on the "Earnest Gerber's coffee table book set" ... looks pretty awesome I may try to find a set (thumbs u