• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Mylar Bags and Backer Board Combo

59 posts in this topic

E. Gerber or bust. No comparison IMO! :headbang:

http://www.egerber.com/

Can you order directly from this site? I'm not sure you can...

I believe I did mine via phone and e-mail. Not a big deal. I don't order this stuff every week. And btw, this is also where I get my CGC storage boxes.

Sorry for the small hijack, but what boxes are you using?

Are you really calling me a lazy bum because I didn't see a way to order online?

Not at all. I'm just saying many people won't make the minimal effort to pick up the phone to experience savings by dealing direct with manuafacturer.

I still use the very old stock of Cole Mylites/Arclites and various combinations of acid free boards and Gray acid free boxes. I use those great acid free boxes for many 0f my better books.

I made a huge order from them nearly 20 years ago.I think they were delivered on a skid via truck to hold the shipping to Los Angeles reasonable. The weight was from maybe a dozen cases of various Boards.

I used most of the supplies over the years and the books and bags look the same condition as when I preserved them. I cannot same the same thing for many of the poly bags.

When I ran out of Gold age supplies due to all the Four Colors I ended up restocking with Gerber mylite2's which I really prefer to the 1ml's. I think I was one of the few who had a successful transactions with Comic SUpply. I also got micro chamber paper from them.

With the reputation from here I will probably order from Hot FLips next time

Are you really calling me a lazy bum because I didn't see a way to order online?

Not at all. I'm just saying many people won't make the minimal effort to pick up the phone to experience savings by dealing direct with manuafacturer.

In essence, yes, you are.

I'm just saying many people won't make the minimal effort to pick up the phone

Stick with E. Gerber and since I don't have a lot of GA books and find it a pain to keep track of all the different sizes - here's what I found works for me.

Mylites 2 #725M2 (Bags - Standard comic book size)

Full-Back #700FB (Full Back Boards - these fit the #725M2)

I use the standard size bag because it fits most sizes (including SA) and still fits in a standard comic book box. The larger size bags/boards require a wider box. I wouldn't bother with the half back boards either (too flimsy).

And I agree, they should sticky that link. Hope this helps.

Fullback in a Mylite 2, insert book, then insert said combination into another Fullback and Super Gold Size Mylar. If there is a sexier combination to store your books, I have never seen it. Every single one of my books are stored like this, and it makes every one of them look as important as a Marvel 1. :cloud9:

Jim

I've been having Gerber cut custom halfbacks for me. The width of their standard size halfbacks is 7 inches. But when I use them with their 725M mylites (7 1/4" wide), I think the books slide around a bit. So I order halfbacks that are 7 1/8" wide and I feel like the books are more secure. The book, board, and mylite all go into a 775R archive.

It's only then that my crazed comic collecting mind lets me sleep at night.

Are you stalking me?

A-ChimpBanana-a.jpg

Fullback in a Mylite 2, insert book, then insert said combination into another Fullback and Super Gold Size Mylar. If there is a sexier combination to store your books, I have never seen it. Every single one of my books are stored like this, and it makes every one of them look as important as a Marvel 1. :cloud9:

Jim

+1 win.gif

Jim, this is precisely the way I store my books. It is the ultimate in protection/preservation, and yes, it looks "sexier" than any combo one can dream of! My entire collection is bagged/boarded this way!

You can not order directly from the website.

You must actually extend yourself, dial their number, call them up and place the order.

I have my credit card on file with them, and ordering is a snap. Sales people are very nice, friendly and helpful. They access my account on their system, and all my shipping information and ordering history is available.

Making a phone call seems to be a barrier for many lazy bums.

Well worth the savings IMO to make a 2 minute phone call. :whistle:

I just fax my order into egerber - works great. If you live on the west coast, they are usually the cheap way to go because they use a universal shipping charge that equates to savings on the west coast.

Thanks for the tip, Mike. Didn't know that. But then I don't have a fax line :(

You can not order directly from the website.

You must actually extend yourself, dial their number, call them up and place the order.

I have my credit card on file with them, and ordering is a snap. Sales people are very nice, friendly and helpful. They access my account on their system, and all my shipping information and ordering history is available.

Making a phone call seems to be a barrier for many lazy bums.

Well worth the savings IMO to make a 2 minute phone call. :whistle:

I just fax my order into egerber - works great. If you live on the west coast, they are usually the cheap way to go because they use a universal shipping charge that equates to savings on the west coast.

Thanks for the tip, Mike. Didn't know that. But then I don't have a fax line :(

Faxing is probably is a bit old school....., ;) However, saving lots on shipping is cool :banana:

I use standard size mylites2 and fullbacks for my silver and bronze books over a certain amount. Love the way they look, one size will fit silver bronze and modern and they will fit in any box I've ever bought.

Are you stalking me?

A-ChimpBanana-a.jpg

No, but you are making it very hard for me not to say things to you.