• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any way to read EC books affordably?

13 posts in this topic

Topic is basically what I'm asking. Usually i shy away from reprints, but for these I just can't afford the price they command even in lower grades usually. Is there an affordable alternative? I tried looking online but it seems like there are many different options and it just left me confused. I want to read these mostly, but one day I might get myself lower grade copies of the originals to collect.

Thanks in advance for the advice and info.

edit: also i forgot to mention but I meant the EC horror like tales from the crypt, crime suspenstories, stuff like that.

These were all reprinted and in fact there were hard cover reprints of each entire series.

Yes, I saw that there were multiple reprints of just about all of them, and some were never finished, and some where.

Maybe a better question would be to ask which is the best/most affordable/easiest to actually acquire?

edit: actually, about a quarter of that price

edit 2: just picked up annuals 3,4,5 and 6 of tales from the crypt for just 30 bucks shipped!

These seem very cool and affordable, thanks a ton for the info MisterX!

It's actually hard to think of 1950s comic book series that are more affordable to read than ECs. They have been reprinted many times over, most exhaustively/cheaply in those softcover Gemstone TPBs from the 90s which collect 4-5 issues each that MisterX linked above. With a little patience, you should be able to find even the out-of-stock TPBs on ebay or elsewhere. Enjoy, they are great fun. (thumbs u

TIP - to better enjoy ECs dont read them all in one sitting (exaggeration). Seriously though, take it nice and slow. Rotate w other genres ... Superhero etc. I am a big fan of ECs... they are some of the best comics of all time. I started reading them in early 80s, but trust me, its easy to burn out.

Enjoy