• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still my Eastman signing was a magazine as well and is still sfg just  :ohnoez:

Is it just me or did the Eastman signing really %$!& CGC up like no other signing? I was surprised to see people proudly posting their CGC-SS returns on other parts of internet and I'm all, "dang, 3 week TAT really lied to you." And here you still havent gotten yours?!

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It might have a lot to do with when they were delivered as that is apart of the estimated tat

I thought TAT were based on when entered in the system ie received not when they were delivered 

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:
9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It might have a lot to do with when they were delivered as that is apart of the estimated tat

I thought TAT were based on when entered in the system ie received not when they were delivered 

It depends on how you translate the underlined, I read it as delivered it starts, and then once it's opened it's put in a corresponding line to be processed.... :foryou: 

CGC Services & Fees

Submission Forms

Scroll below to see the CGC grading and CCS pressing tiers and services available to CGC Collectors Society members for direct submissions to CGC in the United States. Not a member? Learn more>

A $5 handling fee per invoice applies to all online submissions, and an $8 handling fee per invoice applies to all paper submissions.

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages. Certain grading tiers are currently experiencing significant delays.

Plus that's what they've told me when I've called, and based on the ACTUAL TAT that I've had, it's the only way that it makes sense compared to the estimated TAT's

is if it started when delivery happened

otherwise all my non-in-house-signing regular subs got done quicker than the were supposed to :) 

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Plus that's what they've told me when I've called, and based on the ACTUAL TAT that I've had, it's the only way that it makes sense compared to the estimated TAT's

is if it started when delivery happened

otherwise all my non-in-house-signing regular subs got done quicker than the were supposed to :) 

From what I can tell with my recent submissions if anything goes to CCS you can throw the TATs out the window.  CCS times definitely don't start when the box is delivered and all of mine have been longer if try to count from the received date and shorter if you try to count from the date my card was charged.  

What's really got me now is the moderns I sent in the same box as my standard are going to finish first.

1 minute ago, SeanYork said:

From what I can tell with my recent submissions if anything goes to CCS you can throw the TATs out the window.  CCS times definitely don't start when the box is delivered and all of mine have been longer if try to count from the received date and shorter if you try to count from the date my card was charged.  

What's really got me now is the moderns I sent in the same box as my standard are going to finish first.

yes lol this. it stands to reason that I mention that I don't pay cgc for pressing :foryou: 

1 hour ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Sorry ya'll, gotta feed the beast on this one. I've had a Mark Jewelers Alpha Flight #51 waiting for an opportunity to get his sig for the last 3 years. 

I'm with ya man, I've been wanting this forever 

6 - Value FT (Econ. FT TAT - 91 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

12 - Modern (TAT - 89 days)

• Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

1 hour ago, ChrispyC66 said:

• Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

• Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

Welcome to the party.  :cloud9: 

1 hour ago, ChrispyC66 said:

• Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

• Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

I think it will be another month or a little longer before they open up your packages and get them into the system.  It took almost five weeks to get my books into the system.  
Hopefully the backlog of un-open packages is shrinking and you won't have to wait that long. I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.