• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

6 - Value FT (Econ. FT TAT - 91 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received - 06/18/21
  • SFG - 06/18/21
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

12 - Modern (TAT - 89 days)

• Received - 06/18/21
  • SFG - 06/18/21
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

:whistle:

7 books Fast Track Modern

4/5     Delivered

5/3     Received                       on 5/2 the TAT was 23 days

5/3     SFG 

6/16   Grading/Quality Control 

6/18   Shipped                         54 days from delivery

edit:  If it means anything the books say they were all graded on 6/10

Edited by SeanYork
added info

34 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

6 - Value FT (Econ. FT TAT - 91 days)

• Received - 06/18/21

12 - Modern (TAT - 89 days)

• Received - 06/18/21

I don't get it..."Now opening comic book submissions delivered the week of April 26, 2021." Yet, we have your submission.

Regardless...:applause:

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

I don't get it..."Now opening comic book submissions delivered the week of April 26, 2021." Yet, we have your submission.

Thanks. I must have drawn the lucky lottery numbers yesterday for “Packages that go to the head of the receiving line”. :bump:

36 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Thanks. I must have drawn the lucky lottery numbers yesterday for “Packages that go to the head of the receiving line”. :bump:

I had that happen to a sub in March - marked rcvd and checked in SFG instantly. It's such an aberration, I picture a handler walking down hall with a newhire who just grabs a random box off pallet and says "here's how checkin works..."

49 minutes ago, Gaard said:

FWIW mine were marked as delivered to CGC on 6/15 and not in system yet… have to have been in the same pile? I don’t know, stopped trying to make sense of its years ago… now am just along for the ride. 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I likely did cheat the system and package this submission with a signing, so you may be right. I'll try to remeber to post an update when it moves to G/QC.

Went to G/QC today so I hunted down all the info, this one wasn't packed with a signing.

25 book Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 04/02

Received & SFG: 05/03

Grading/Quality Control: 06/18

Is this where we are keeping track of TAT?  Wish I had seen this thread earlier.  I had 1 order with 2 books for Express CCS and Grading, 3 Standard, 4 Modern Fast Track, and 5 Modern Fast Track CCS and grading.  Package delivered on 4/23 and received on 4/26 thanks to the express label I'm assuming.  Standard books were shipped on 5/21. Express books were received by CGC after c&p on 5/21 and shipped on 5/28. Fast Track Modern was shipped 6/18.  Still waiting on Fast Track CCS to be received by CGC.  Credit Card was charged by CCS on 6/16.  I was disappointed that the Standard books shipped before the Express books.

Just sent two more boxes yesterday to be graded.  3 orders of about 60 books.

1 Express, 3 Standard, 4 Economy Fast Track, 17 Modern

Delivered: 06/17

Confirmed: 06/18

Received:  

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped:

Now to wait and see if they open this package marked "EX" right away or it too sits unopened like my last "EX" that's at 5 weeks and counting.

This is my week!  Books delivered on 5/3 are still still not processed yet but I'm sure they will get around to opening up the package this week - insane but true.

As CGC TATs are based on when your shipment is delivered to their facility, you can calculate the approximate date when your books will ship back to you.

For those familiar with Excel, copy the following formula: 

=WORKDAY(A1,B1). 

In cell A1, put in date your books arrived at CGC (for example, 6/21/2021).  Your shipping company will have this date.

In cell B1, put in the working days CGC says it should take to grade and ship books (for example, 63). 

In cell C1, copy the above formula. Make sure cell C1 is formatted for "date", and it will calculate when you can expect your books to ship.

In the above example, your books would approximately ship on 9/16/2021. 

NOTE: This calculation will not help you if your books were sent to CCS first as they have their own turnaround times.

Edited by Cool Ghoul