• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, greggy said:

They were dropped off either today or yesterday so I have no delays in it being entered into the system. 

So random. I had 2 packages delivered on 6/22 and nothing other than acknowledgement through CGCs delivery confirmation tool that they were delivered.

Just now, Jemin said:

So random. I had 2 packages delivered on 6/22 and nothing other than acknowledgement through CGCs delivery confirmation tool that they were delivered.

His are dropped off is person by Joey. Which when they are hand delivered they get immediate scanned into the system. 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

His are dropped off is person by Joey. Which when they are hand delivered they get immediate scanned into the system. 

I see.  I'm assuming Joey is an authorized dealer?

Just discovered a problem this morning and I'm wondering who else might have encountered something similar.

I shipped 10 books via FedEx on 6/8, and they have been sitting at the Palmetto, FL FedEx since 6/11. Called CGC and spoke with customer service who checked with the shipping department. I thought the delay might have been due to the inundation of packages shipped prior to the rate increase, but no one at CGC had any idea why they would be there that long.

Called FedEx and the rep said to flle a claim on their site, which then crashed in the middle of completing it. Had to call back and have a form emailed so that I could complete the process again. Then received an autoreply that the address where I was instructed to submit the form is no longer monitored and that I need to complete it online.

Anyone else have packages shipped recently where delivery has been delayed this long?

magazine size books now at 173 days for economy... just doing some quick math the pressing on economy is at 115 days, so a press and grade on a magazine right now is ~300 business days, but also CGC currently opening books from 5/3 which was 2 months ago. Plus the shipping time to and from CGC and yeah, if you ship today you're now looking at 2023 to get your books back.

18 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

magazine size books now at 173 days for economy... just doing some quick math the pressing on economy is at 115 days, so a press and grade on a magazine right now is ~300 business days, but also CGC currently opening books from 5/3 which was 2 months ago. Plus the shipping time to and from CGC and yeah, if you ship today you're now looking at 2023 to get your books back.

Good god thats insane. The issue here is I dont think AI will help much with comics and mags but cane take a lot of time out of the manual process for cards. Thus I would only expect things to get worse for comics and mags unless you are going the private signing route.

Edited by Gator Guru

19 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah, I'm seriously looking into this as an option for waiting until my other submission comes back. And especially the one that may be gone forever.

IMG_6417.JPG

31 minutes ago, Gator Guru said:

Good god thats insane. The issue here is I dont think AI will help much with comics and mags but cane take a lot of time out of the manual process for cards. Thus I would only expect things to get worse for comics and mags unless you are going the private signing route.

At this point I may sub all my books for random SS even if the artist had nothing to do with the book. Just so I get them back timely. lol

5 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

At this point I may sub all my books for random SS even if the artist had nothing to do with the book. Just so I get them back timely. lol

CgC should swipe from the Oscars...maybe you could apply to fill in signing your own autograph in between these:

CGC Welcomes Comic Book Artist Andrew Robinson for a Private Signing Event!

CGC Hosts Legendary Pencillier Dan Panosian for a Private Signing Event

CGC Hosts Storytelling Legend Sam Humphries for a Private Signing Event

homer simpson GIF

Edited by Funnybooks

So Fastrack modern: 

Delivered: 4/16/21

Marked schedule for grading: 5/24/21

GQC: 6/30/21

This will be my last CGC order for a while. I just hope they don’t  damage my books. Like books falling out of the inner wall. 

4A33738B-AD6A-487E-9BF6-AAB2AA3E0AFD.thumb.jpeg.7ac447c43e1dff78987baaa4874f513c.jpeg

1 hour ago, X_Phile said:

Subbing a high dollar book for CGC-SS saves money, depending on value tier.

2 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

My mag that is signed by Frank Miller came back from CCS on the 12th of May, it is still showing SFG I called last week and they told me it was at encapsulation and would be done soon. At this rate i should have it around Christmas  :frustrated:

20 minutes ago, DINGER033 said:

My mag that is signed by Frank Miller came back from CCS on the 12th of May, it is still showing SFG I called last week and they told me it was at encapsulation and would be done soon. At this rate i should have it around Christmas  :frustrated:

I'm sure I've messaged you this before but me and @Sauce Dog too have mags done and back from ccs around this time, but ours are from the Eastman signing and best I can tell were signed in April. Ours are also sfg and have been 3-4 weeks in encapsulation.

I'm just saying one of these coming days we'll get them, and it's been quite a rid

Helps to know your not alone?:wishluck: