• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Very interesting and informative post. Also any opinion on if you think cgc might shutdown some levels aka what BGS and PSA have done in the card grading space?

My guess is that now that CGC has been bought by investment firm Blackstone there will be far more focus on profitability.  This *should* be good for consumers as CGC's profitability depend primarily on volume of sales.  That said, there will no doubt be more emphasis on grading books at more expensive tiers, so I'm sure that they will want to entice customers to use the more expensive tiers, be it Fast Track, Express, etc.  Hopefully Blackstone will guide the business into long term sustainability, unlike the Wall St. influence that nearly killed the industry in the early 90's after Marvel became a publicly traded company.  The result of that was insanely high print runs, crazy gimmicks like polybagging and multiple covers, all to increase sales/profits to please Wall St. analysts.  Ugh.

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

OMG, folks.  Have you seen this update on the CGC site?

Tropical Storm Elsa Preparations

Posted on 7/6/2021

The Sarasota offices of the Certified Collectibles Group are closing early today.

The Sarasota, Florida offices of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) will close at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time) today, July 6, to give employees additional time to prepare their homes and families for Tropical Storm Elsa. Depending on weather conditions, resumption of normal business hours may be delayed.

CCG's Sarasota offices are housed in secure, state-of-the-art facilities that are built to withstand hurricane conditions. The buildings are located approximately 10 miles inland and are not located in a flood zone. As always, procedures are in place to ensure the safety and security of all collectibles in our care.

HEY @G.A.tor!  How are those hills of North Carolina looking to you about now?

I think its now official.  There's a signpost up ahead.  We have now entered the Twilight Zone

It’s why I left Florida. Luckily this is only a storm. Nothing like our cat 5 monster. Whew. 

3 hours ago, Petroman said:

My guess is that now that CGC has been bought by investment firm Blackstone there will be far more focus on profitability.  This *should* be good for consumers as CGC's profitability depend primarily on volume of sales.  That said, there will no doubt be more emphasis on grading books at more expensive tiers, so I'm sure that they will want to entice customers to use the more expensive tiers, be it Fast Track, Express, etc.  Hopefully Blackstone will guide the business into long term sustainability, unlike the Wall St. influence that nearly killed the industry in the early 90's after Marvel became a publicly traded company.  The result of that was insanely high print runs, crazy gimmicks like polybagging and multiple covers, all to increase sales/profits to please Wall St. analysts.  Ugh.

Good point, except they won't entice...they will probably just more strictly enforce the tiers. Right now, a customer can choose a tier that doesn't truly represent the value of the book they are submitting if they are willing to accept the risk of not having it fully insured. I suspect a strict adherence to the tiers and their corresponding value in the future. Either it'll be rejected or automatically bumped up. Time will tell...

" The Sarasota, Florida offices of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) will close at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time) today, July 6, to give employees additional time to prepare their homes and families for Tropical Storm Elsa. "

Which we didn't have to do.

2 minutes ago, Gaard said:

" The Sarasota, Florida offices of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) will close at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time) today, July 6, to give employees additional time to prepare their homes and families for Tropical Storm Elsa. "

That was yesterday, I assume they're open full time today :wishluck: 

And I hope they're all safe :wishluck: 

36 minutes ago, Gaard said:

:facepalm:

Modern/Slow Track that was delivered 4/1, received 4/29 went into Grading/QC today

One of my Two CCS/Modern Boxes from 1/12 was received back to CGC 7/1 and today switched to scheduled for Grading today.  

On 4/26/2021 at 11:18 PM, W. M. said:

17 Books - Modern

Delivered:  03/30

Received:   04/26

SFG: 04/26  

Grade Date: 

G/Q:   07/07     

Shipped:

Just checked my submission status and saw it was changed from SFG to Grading/Quality Control today.

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So is Florida gonna have GA and SA books flying thru the air because the hurricane took out their building?

No, but with Hurricane season upon us.. 

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1505055989273.jpg.2d4728ab22b53877bf27042e647e0dca.jpg

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So is Florida gonna have GA and SA books flying thru the air because the hurricane took out their building?

No, because the books are all still in the original shipping boxes they were shipped in from the last 4 months...

Modern Slow Prescreen

• Marked as Delivered to CGC: 5/13/2021
  • Received: 7/7/2021
  • Scheduled for Grading: 7/7/2021

Modern Fast Track Prescreen

Edited by awakeintheashes

26 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Modern Slow Prescreen

• Scheduled for Grading: 7/7/2021

Modern Fast Track Prescreen

I didn't know there was a Fast Track Pre-Screen.

22 hours ago, Petroman said:

Should have responded to this one...

My last, and possibly final, batch was delivered on 3/24 and received on 4/20.  It was in SFG from that point onward.  It shipped last Wednesday and I received it yesterday 7/5.  Good Luck!

Was it slow track modern? Mine was received 5/11 modern slow

5 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

ADAMANTIUM  we are in dude!!!!👍🤟

I thought about quoting you to find out lol

Mine were only delivered yesterday

But the tracking package show up on their end today...

Not all quite in the "system yet" for me though but this is good news that soon!

Anyone had value or economy slow track make it through to shipped in the past few months.  Seeing lots of moderns... My timeline:

Arrived at CGC- 4/2/21

Accepted/Received- 5/2/21

SFG- 5/2/21

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought about quoting you to find out lol

Mine were only delivered yesterday

But the tracking package show up on their end today...

Not all quite in the "system yet" for me though but this is good news that soon!

Oh totally!!! Maybe the sale will be a positive