• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Thanks @NewWorldOrder for your response! I’ve heard it before on these boards and I’m sure some consumers have done that. Here’s my opinion on that answer.

Yes they want to make money hand over fist. But I’d guess 20 years ago the reason the new third party grading business was created and considered sustainable, was because they could offer a service to hobbyists and LCS business owners who wanted and needed this service if offered for a reasonable price and was consistent and reliable. I believe “consistent and reliable” are broken right now.

I’ve seen many responses on these boards saying to stop sending in submissions will help CGC solve the TAT problem. I think when thoroughly considered, we all believe that plan is D.O.A.

Like it or not, CGC is the only third party grading service for comics that provides the ROI most LCS’s, online resellers and consumers desire to use . So in that sense, CGC has become a necessary value-added-service for a lot of businesses that they don’t want to stop using because of the impact it has on those businesses bottom line, 

Most importantly, IMHO, it’s not the consumer’s responsibility to fix a broken business service that they expect, need, and want or use. It’s the business’ responsibility to fix their broken process and services or risk failing because of them.

Yes, I of course understand what you are saying.

Currently I submit 100-125 comic books systematically per month no matter what.  I would submit more if they weren't so behind. 

Trust me this affects me as a dealer more than the average collector.  Most CGC invoices are for people's collections, but for me they are paychecks. (I do have a personal collection, so I am not all profit driven)

I am just saying if people would submit less they then TaT's would get better.  During the beginning of covid I could get my moderns back in less than 3 weeks!  So I am not blaming CGC for getting slammed with record breaking submissions and a collectibles market that hot super hot during a global pandemic when its a miracle that they didn't shut down at all in general during covid.  I suspect TaTs will even out with a mixture of people seeing how high their TaT's are and wont submit, and the leveling off of the packages with the invoices being processed currently with the older CGC tier prices that were generated before the price increases.  Obviously any company needs to better handle the ever changing demand their product or service generates, but hiring more graders isnt very easy.  Warehouse workers and encapsulation workers sure, so assuming that is what they been doing hopefully that helps sooner than later, but its obvious this is going to get worse before its gets better in the short-term.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

2 hours ago, Drummy said:

Video games, please.  I'm waiting for those bastards to grade 7-11 Slurpee cups from the '70's.  Every time I call, they say they're "still working on the holder."

Dan

Marvel Superhero 7-11 Plastic Slurpee Cups Group of 36 | Lot #15040 |  Heritage Auctions

Interesting that only a handful of characters on those cups have yet to appear in the MCU. I think this was the vision board that Marvel used to come up with which characters to use on the big screen. :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, comixry said:

Interesting that only a handful of characters on those cups have yet to appear in the MCU. I think this was the vision board that Marvel used to come up with which characters to use on the big screen. :bigsmile:

I think Feige has a cabinet full of 7-11 cups in his office along with the Infinity Gauntlet and a few other movie props.  He may reach in blind to figure out "Who's next?"  :)

Maybe I'll start a new thread where we post an image from these 7-11 cups and have others chime in where the art came from...:idea:

Dan

Seen a little movement on this one today.

Service: FAST TRACK SIG. MODERN
Delivered : unknown mailed in by Facilitator
Received: 5/25/21
Edited by BigD702

Modern Slow Prescreen

• Marked as Delivered to CGC: 5/13/2021
  • Received: 7/7/2021
  • Scheduled for Grading: 7/7/2021

Modern Fast Track Prescreen

• Marked as Delivered to CGC: 5/13/2021
  • Received: 7/9/2021
  • Scheduled for Grading: 7/9/2021

6 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes, I of course understand what you are saying.

Currently I submit 100-125 comic books systematically per month no matter what.  I would submit more if they weren't so behind. 

Trust me this affects me as a dealer more than the average collector.  Most CGC invoices are for people's collections, but for me they are paychecks. (I do have a personal collection, so I am not all profit driven)

I am just saying if people would submit less they then TaT's would get better.  During the beginning of covid I could get my moderns back in less than 3 weeks!  So I am not blaming CGC for getting slammed with record breaking submissions and a collectibles market that hot super hot during a global pandemic when its a miracle that they didn't shut down at all in general during covid.  I suspect TaTs will even out with a mixture of people seeing how high their TaT's are and wont submit, and the leveling off of the packages with the invoices being processed currently with the older CGC tier prices that were generated before the price increases.  Obviously any company needs to better handle the ever changing demand their product or service generates, but hiring more graders isnt very easy.  Warehouse workers and encapsulation workers sure, so assuming that is what they been doing hopefully that helps sooner than later, but its obvious this is going to get worse before its gets better in the short-term.

@NewWorldOrder I really appreciate your perspective as a dealer. I am not a dealer, just a collector. For me it’s annoying. For you there is a more profound impact on your sales and income.

3 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

I believe he submitted his batch right after he turned 21 and excited they just hit SFG!

I like to think he actually played video games in there somewhere

On 5/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, Hutch88 said:

8 Golden age (Economy) & 2 reholders. Rec. at Cgc. :wishluck: pg 801

On 5/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, Hutch88 said:

Package not comics now show rec'd with the new tracking tool...zzz pg 807

On 7/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, Hutch88 said:

Showed as rec'd\SFG today. (three days shy of two calendar months) :whistle: pg 865

Reholders shipped... :headbang: pg 867

What would be really useful is if the Scheduled For Grading status actually gave the (rough) date it was actually scheduled for grading. If they can't provide that, then I don't really see how they have scheduled anything.  Maybe they are just assigning a sequence number, i.e. your submission is at position Modern Slow #8723 and they are currently grading Modern Slow position #4792.  Even that would be useful.  My last batch went to SFG on the day it was received (where it sat for over 2 months), so the status really doesn't have much meaning if you ask me.

I sent in books last Thanksgiving. It took about 10 days for them to show up as received. I sent in books on June 9th, 30 days ago, and they're still not received. I'm not really complaining, but thought I'd share. I'm guessing I won't get these books back this year since it took 6 months for the previous batch.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Book from the Clayton Crain event (no pressing) moved to SFG today. Seperate submission for the same event with pressing still shows "received"

20210708_185906.jpg

I wonder what’s going on with the pressed ones? Is he d St inning them later, or probably just signed and being transferred to be pressed?