• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,041 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2021 at 7:23 AM, Barth said:

(2) Standard

G/E/I — 8/19

G/QC - 8/23

Shipped - 8/24

(9) Economy

(31) Value

(1) Modern

(1) Reholder 

G/E/I — 8/23

G/QC - 8/23

Shipped - 8/24

Delivered on 6/14

SFG 8/12

CC charged 8/16

(1) Standard 

(1) Economy 

Delivered to PO on 8/2 - not in system yet

On 8/23/2021 at 8:14 PM, zupaphly said:

What in the hell is going on with prescreens??? I figured mine would have to switch to gei this week, but seeing your 3/30 still at sfg, I guess that's not going to happen since mine was received on 4/7 😐 at this point I wish I would have just left it off, and eaten whatever 9.6s I got... at least I would have had them back 2 1/2 months ago 🤬🤬🤬

Hope this doesn't make you even angrier... but if you look at the very bottom there is a non prescreen that was also received 3/30 and shipped 3 months ago...

And the other fast track shipped....

1744398952_Screenshot_20210824-180955_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.540c442dde4281a6b88ad598acaa3bc7.jpg

Edited by Yetti82

On 6/21/2021 at 5:55 PM, aszumilo said:

Mine finally got received and scheduled for grading today.

Delivered 5/4

Received/Scheduled for Grading 6/21

Magazine submission is now at shipped

Modern submission is still at scheduled for grading

Kind of odd since they were submitted at the same time and Magazine turn around time is 186 and Modern is 101 days.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:27 PM, Yetti82 said:

Hope this doesn't make you even angrier... but if you look at the very bottom there is a non prescreen that was also received 3/30 and shipped 3 months ago...

And the other fast track shipped....

1744398952_Screenshot_20210824-180955_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.540c442dde4281a6b88ad598acaa3bc7.jpg

Yep... there were 2 subs in the box that had my prescreen... a regular modern and it... my regular was shipped back to me over 2 1/2 months ago...  so that puts my prescreen at tier +50 business days as of today... not super happy about it...

On 8/23/2021 at 11:14 PM, zupaphly said:

What in the hell is going on with prescreens??? I figured mine would have to switch to gei this week, but seeing your 3/30 still at sfg, I guess that's not going to happen since mine was received on 4/7 😐 at this point I wish I would have just left it off, and eaten whatever 9.6s I got... at least I would have had them back 2 1/2 months ago 🤬🤬🤬

I really don't understand why pre-screens would take any longer than normal grading.  Just grade is as normal, and when it gets to encapsulation just skip the encapsulation.  Heck, the grader doesn't really even need to know they are doing a pre-screen.  It should actually even be a bit faster than regular grading for books that screen out as they only need to pop it in a bag versus doing the encapsulation.

WRT eating the cost of the non-9.8's that's what I do.  The 9.6's I normally dump on Ebay at a small profit, and the 9.4's or below (hopefully of which there would be few) I sell at cost or even less.  Still, I think it ends up being cheaper than paying the pre-screen fees, especially the new $8 per book ones.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ninja0215 said:

If they could just hold off til the end of September then all s well 

They are your books...they don't keep them!  But...their is an added fee imposed on your bill for non payment.  They will start charging you a percentage of your bill...monthly I believe, like a credit card would.  It was in a recent email they sent out.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, IceHole said:

They are your books...they don't keep them!  But...their is an added fee imposed on your bill for non payment.  They will start charging you a percentage of your bill...monthly I believe, like a credit card would.  It was in a recent email they sent out.

Hey thanks! I should have it in a few days.  Just have to shoot them over the info 

On 8/25/2021 at 7:41 AM, Petroman said:

I really don't understand why pre-screens would take any longer than normal grading.  Just grade is as normal, and when it gets to encapsulation just skip the encapsulation.  Heck, the grader doesn't really even need to know they are doing a pre-screen.  It should actually even be a bit faster than regular grading for books that screen out as they only need to pop it in a bag versus doing the encapsulation.

WRT eating the cost of the non-9.8's that's what I do.  The 9.6's I normally dump on Ebay at a small profit, and the 9.4's or below (hopefully of which there would be few) I sell at cost or even less.  Still, I think it ends up being cheaper than paying the pre-screen fees, especially the new $8 per book ones.

100%. I do the same thing and get similar results on EBay. For example, I sent CGC 3 copies of Uncanny X-Men #317 and received grades of 9.8, 9.6 and 9.4. Kept the 9.8 copy and sold the other 2 on EBay for a $20 profit. That's a $36 swing from the alternative, not to mention the extra wait time for screening.

I think we're on the cusp of seeing submissions slow down to pre-insanity levels, which should help TAT. 

No hard evidence. Just watching some popular books on eBay go from having 10 copies for sale to 40+.

When those people can't sell their books they're going to be less enthusiastic about sending in more. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:49 AM, aszumilo said:
On 6/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, aszumilo said:

Mine finally got received and scheduled for grading today.

Delivered 5/4

Received/Scheduled for Grading 6/21

Magazine submission is now at shipped

Modern submission is still at scheduled for grading

Kind of odd since they were submitted at the same time and Magazine turn around time is 186 and Modern is 101 day

when was the magazine delivered and what tier? 5/4?

On 8/23/2021 at 4:42 PM, jokiing said:

7th month anniversary :whistle:   ... G/E/I a least a month ago. Imagine when CGC finally gears up to work on magazines they will do all with G/E/I status.

1/22/21 .... MAGAZINE MODERN ....  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Damn, here I thought things may be moving along.

6 Modern Fast Track

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

8/25: G/E/I

10 Modern Fast Track 

25 Modern

16 Modern

On 8/25/2021 at 3:50 PM, Jemin said:

6 Modern Fast Track

10 Modern Fast Track 

25 Modern

16 Modern

So they DO mostly try to go by when it was delivered, interesting.

When I started submitting books to CGC back in 2008, the turnaround times were pretty accurate, at least on moderns.  It was 4 weeks for regular submissions and 2 weeks for fast track.  :cloud9:

It's wild to think how much things have slowed down since then.  :preach:

Edited by Turtle

On 8/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

when was the magazine delivered and what tier? 5/4?

All books were sent in on the same slow track modern submission, which they showed as received on 5/4.  Both submissions went to Received/Scheduled for Grading on 6/21.  That is why it is strange, since Magazine had a TAT of 186 days, at that time, and Comics were at 101 days.  Not that I am complaining about getting it back sooner, just kind of odd.